PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy - woosy riders please advise

sammibabe
06-08-2011, 21:14
2 trips agp I went on The Mummy ride and remember enjoying it but last time in the queue I chickened out and couldn't bring myself to do it. I hate steep climbs particularly but can do rides like The Runaway Train. Peeps like me who are not good on rides - am I right to avoid it or is it ok? Thank you [msnembarrased]

trupial
06-08-2011, 22:50
2 trips agp I went on The Mummy ride and remember enjoying it but last time in the queue I chickened out and couldn't bring myself to do it. I hate steep climbs particularly but can do rides like The Runaway Train. Peeps like me who are not good on rides - am I right to avoid it or is it ok? Thank you [msnembarrased]

So why avoid it if you enjoyed it before ? I think part of the fun is the adrenaline you get when waiting in the queue.
Make it your first ride of your trip then you'll be game for anything.

sammibabe
06-08-2011, 23:08
So why avoid it if you enjoyed it before ? I think part of the fun is the adrenaline you get when waiting in the queue.
Make it your first ride of your trip then you'll be game for anything.

The older I get the worse I get. Also felt queezy after simulator rides which I've always loved before and a few weeks ago had a bout of vertigo for the first time so that concerns me a little. Hard to explain with the rides [msnembarrased]

trupial
07-08-2011, 00:46
The older I get the worse I get. Also felt queezy after simulator rides which I've always loved before and a few weeks ago had a bout of vertigo for the first time so that concerns me a little. Hard to explain with the rides [msnembarrased]

The first time we went to Orlando was in 2006, wife and I and our son (16), daughter (13). Wife and I terrified of rollercoasters decided we all go on the Mummy thinking it was a simulator, by the time we reached the top, it was too late to turn around so we went through with it. Wife absolutely hated it and I wasn't to keen on the coaster bit in the dark. But it took me to the second last day of our 2 weeks to pluck up enough courage to go on my first proper rollercoaster, The Kraken and loved it. On our next visit to Orlando I said that to get over my fear, I would go on what I thought would be the worst, The Hulk front row as soon as I went into the park, I did that and now have no fear of rollercoasters.

kitch50
07-08-2011, 07:57
I don't fear roller coasters.... I just think it is really bad manners to throw up on the person sitting in front of me !!!![msnwink][sick]

Sandra M
07-08-2011, 08:09
I don't think it's as bad as the Simpsons ride. It is more of a roller coaster than a simulator but it's not a high one like Kraken etc

Sandra

kitch50
07-08-2011, 08:32
I don't think it's as bad as the Simpsons ride. It is more of a roller coaster than a simulator but it's not a high one like Kraken etc

Sandra

Simpson ride [sick][sick]

Jo
07-08-2011, 08:39
Having had that completely irrational experience when you chickened out on a ride you know you like, I think I am qualifed to advise. The Mummy is on my list of can dos - I hate the climbs up because of the anticipation of the down.

The Mummy doesn't have that and the visual efffects are so good there are plenty of distractions. If you can do the runnaway train your'll be fine, but i know its harder than someone telling you it'll be OK - you have your head to convince!

sammibabe
07-08-2011, 13:25
Having had that completely irrational experience when you chickened out on a ride you know you like, I think I am qualifed to advise. The Mummy is on my list of can dos - I hate the climbs up because of the anticipation of the down.

The Mummy doesn't have that and the visual efffects are so good there are plenty of distractions. If you can do the runnaway train your'll be fine, but i know its harder than someone telling you it'll be OK - you have your head to convince!

Thanks Jo - I'll try and give it a go [msneek]

eagleydo
07-08-2011, 13:46
I cannot do most of the rides, frightened of rollercoasters but love the Mummy. Do this ride over and over, then think I can do others and then chicken out. My dream is to do the Hulk but not sure I will ever summon up the courage.

trupial
07-08-2011, 14:49
I cannot do most of the rides, frightened of rollercoasters but love the Mummy. Do this ride over and over, then think I can do others and then chicken out. My dream is to do the Hulk but not sure I will ever summon up the courage.

To be honest, one of the scariest parts of a ride for me is on the Mummy when on the rollercoaster part in the dark.
We have been to Orlando 3 times now and never been to a Disney park, the smoothest coaster I've been on has to be The Kraken or Manta.

Jo
07-08-2011, 15:55
I prefer the in the dark ones as you can't see what's coming next!

sammibabe
07-08-2011, 16:09

I did do the Hulk on the trip I did the Mummy but couldn't bring myself again (practically hyperventilating in the queue made me feel very peculiar) so chickened out and think that is what unnerved me for the Mummy last time

trupial
07-08-2011, 17:17
I did do the Hulk on the trip I did the Mummy but couldn't bring myself again (practically hyperventilating in the queue made me feel very peculiar) so chickened out and think that is what unnerved me for the Mummy last time

Thats a shame because I think you would enjoy them, but there is no point making yourself ill.

DisneyPrincess
07-08-2011, 19:50
I love the mummy! Its not an 'intense' roller coaster but is one of the more extreme rides in Universal (btw i wont go on the Rip Ride Rokit!) Id give it a go - i love all the detail in the queues and the whole build up to the ride :D

sammibabe
07-08-2011, 20:30
I love the mummy! Its not an 'intense' roller coaster but is one of the more extreme rides in Universal (btw i wont go on the Rip Ride Rokit!) Id give it a go - i love all the detail in the queues and the whole build up to the ride :D

It's the steep climbs and drops that I can't cope with, scary stuff is fine. So in what way is it 'one of the more extreme' (can't remember from 5 years ago!)?

berni_richards
10-08-2011, 18:21
this made me feel sick never again sorry

hacoates
15-09-2011, 08:56
You couldn't pay me any amount to go on "Aerosmith" again (at Disney Hollywood Studios) I thought I was falling out of my seat and I was going to die. Horrendous. I also saw a crying teenage girl being helped out of the Tower of Terror (also at DHS) by her friends. She was in a terrible state, shaking and crying. Not for me.

sammibabe
15-09-2011, 10:21
Did it and NEVER AGAIN! The bugs and all that fine it was the coaster part was hideous. Having said that my youngest said I was embarrassing cos I screamed my way round flight of the hippogriff (?spelling?)