PDA

View Full Version : Norway Perfume?!?!

tinkerbell
04-02-2004, 18:48
Hi all, I'm calling on your vast expertise and photographic memories to tell me what is the name of the gorgeous soapy smelling perfume that is on sale in the shop in Norway?! It's in a turqoise box, nd I know it begins with 'L'!!!

HELP its driving me mad as I'm trying to look for it online!

blott
04-02-2004, 18:57
Try Loewe...

tinkerbell
04-02-2004, 18:58
Is it Leila?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2004, 21:09
It's called Laila and is Sarah's favourite - we always stock up on it when we pass through the shop in Norway [msnsmile2]

kevinprewett
04-02-2004, 22:44
quote:Originally posted by tinkerbell

Hi all, I'm calling on your vast expertise and photographic memories to tell me what is the name of the gorgeous soapy smelling perfume that is on sale in the shop in Norway?! It's in a turqoise box, nd I know it begins with 'L'!!!

HELP its driving me mad as I'm trying to look for it online!

Leila[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 00:04
Hi Tink,

John's right it is my absolute favourite perfume and just in case your not fluent in Norweigan Laila is pronounced "Lie-la"

It is a to-die-for scent, people often ask for the name of it, happened today in fact. Great excuse to talk about Disney and Florida too.

My advice to any one that does the Maelstrom ride is skip the 5 minute movie and spend a heady 5 minutes in the perfumery close your eyes and thinks of Ffyords (not sure of the spelling I'm definately not fluent in Norwegian)[msnsad]

Sarah

Nostromo
05-02-2004, 16:40
This is interesting! We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary while in Orlando and this Leila perfume could be a nice gift for my wife. (I hope it stops her constant accusations of me being thoughtless and unromantic!)

tinkerbell
05-02-2004, 16:54
It's gorgeous! I was trying to search for some on eBay, but no luck! I knew my memory would kick in as soon as I posted this message! It wasn't cheap as I remember?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 17:21
I still recall walking through the shop in Norway after the Maelstrom ride and saying to her "what's that gorgeous smell" - this was our introduction to Laila [msnsmile2]

tinkerbell
05-02-2004, 17:32
Well, try as I might, I can't find it online to buy anywhere! Anybody got any suggestions??

Why didn't I buy it there and then?! Who knows!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 17:53
I've just been to have a look at Sarah's bottle upstairs and it says the website is www.laila.com - they have a list on the website of stockists.

NB: We have all been saying Leila and it's actually Laila (with an 'a').

tinkerbell
05-02-2004, 20:06
ah! That would be the difference! Thanks John I'm off to take a look and hopefully place my order![msncool]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 20:22
If you cannot find a place to sell it Tink, it's got to be a good excuse for a trip to Florida [msnwink][msnsmile][msnwink][msnsmile]

tinkerbell
05-02-2004, 20:44
It's certinly looking that way! I have checked out the website and they sell it but only within the US! Typical!

caseyd
05-02-2004, 21:25
Tinkerbell: The website says you can contact them about where to buy in Europe or shipping it there. It says to email here w/questions:
kjelle@laila.com

I saw that when I went to FAQs about buying online, there is a question "do you ship internationally?" and when you hit on that question it brings up that email address to contact.

Newhomebuyer
06-02-2004, 13:03
The guy who created this perfume, Geir Ness, was in the Epcot pavillion , last summer, promoting the products in this line. They were selling a great deal of it. Good product with enthusiastic marketing = 'sweet smell of success.'

tinkerbell
06-02-2004, 13:46
There is a male scent called 'Geir' which now makes sense!!! [msncool]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-04-2004, 02:22
Now I know that I keep raving about this perfume but today, two people asked me for the name and where to buy it. I honestly don't have shares or am related to Geir Ness (although my daughter has a Norwegian name) but Laila is such a wonderful fragrance. Even if you don't buy any have a squirt of the sampler....mmmmm.

Sarah

caseyd
22-04-2004, 04:02
I thought of this post and everyone on it when I was in Norway two weeks ago at Epcot. Not sure I would have smelled the perfume otherwise, but after the boat ride I told the hubby and kids, "wait a minute, I've got to go smell something." By that point had spent too much $$ already, or I would have bought it, such a lovely soft scent. The place my olfactory really went to town was in Italy...mmmmm, magnificent. Next Dec., I already have both the Norway and Italy perfumes in the budget for the trip!

Joolz
22-04-2004, 21:05
From the website - it looks like the creator Geir Ness is booked to be at Epcot on 8th 9th 10th and 11th June 04!

mikewj
23-04-2004, 14:27
Oh no, we're due to be in EPCOT on one of those days (not sure of the exact plan)!

After reading these posts, Sue already wants to have a sniff of Norway's finest so we may end up spending more time (and money) than originally planned if its creator is around.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-04-2004, 15:06
We're there for those days too so will be popping along to see them again as Sarah has almost run out of supplies [msnwink]

tinkerbell
23-04-2004, 20:29
Might be worth a mention John that we'd be willing to work on commission!! [msncool]