PDA

View Full Version : Emeral Island & traffic

shortyd
04-02-2004, 01:49
We were considering renting a house in Emerald Island this year (stayed in Meadow Woods before). When I asked my brother who lives in Orlando about the area, this was his reply...

'Not sure about Emerald Island, but know that area (Hwy 192) can be a madhouse, traffic-wise. Be advised Splendid China went out of business and closed its doors on December 31.'

The Meadow Woods location was good since it allowed us to zip back and forth between the parks and the relatives, but we were looking at getting a little closer to the parks. Emerald Island sounds terrific, but what do you all think of the traffic and the closing of Splendid China? Any other community suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :D

huckleberry house
04-02-2004, 02:33
Hi Shortyd

I expect you are going to get a mixed bag of answers on this one as each owner will have chosen their home location because they preferred it and those owners on the 192 love it as much as owners like myself love that I dont have to use it :) unless I choose to.

Like all roads the 192 can be heavy with traffic but this can apply to other routes as well.Unique to the 192 is the large amount of restaurants, etc that naturally attracts a lot of traffic but can give you a lot of options to stop and eat at.

In my opinion I think you will find your journey to the parks will take roughly the same from the majority of communities on the 192,the I4 or the US27.

Lesley

florida4sun
04-02-2004, 06:56
Emerald Ilse is a very nice subdivision. traffic should not be a prooblema at all. infact there is a short cut into Disney. Via Entry Point Boulevard. I guess 2 miles at most from the resort. Splendid China has indeed closed, this ahd been building up for a long time. The attraction has never been popular, although I thought it was great!

quote:Originally posted by shortyd

We were considering renting a house in Emerald Island this year (stayed in Meadow Woods before). When I asked my brother who lives in Orlando about the area, this was his reply...

"Not sure about Emerald Island, but know that area (Hwy 192) can be a madhouse, traffic-wise. Be advised Splendid China went out of business and closed its doors on December 31."

The Meadow Woods location was good since it allowed us to zip back and forth between the parks and the relatives, but we were looking at getting a little closer to the parks. Emerald Island sounds terrific, but what do you all think of the traffic and the closing of Splendid China? Any other community suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :D

Bazamor
05-02-2004, 17:22
It takes around 5 mins via Sherberth or Blacklake or Entry point to hit WDW Maingate you only need to cross the 192 not travel along it. Its a peice of cake as owners on EI, Formosa &Rolling Hills will tell you.Close to everything!!

dino
07-02-2004, 17:05
hi Bazamor, u didnt tell me u were on expect on the route plan, i dont know the road names so pls let me have the step by step guide from emerald islands to wdw. ie lefts and rights will help.

dino

Bazamor
07-02-2004, 18:16
Dino , i have pm'd you. Baz

esprit
07-02-2004, 18:24
Splendid China is just sitting there at present. So no different, in fact less traffic as no one is going to it. Take the road Martin is talking about. Turn right just by marker 6. Takes you straight to Celebration where we live or onto World Drive. No distance at all from Formosa.

Newhomebuyer
08-02-2004, 12:51
Just to confirm what everyone else is saying. Emerald Island is a very good location. I am sure everyone has their own favourites but IMHO, EI is one of the best.
I don't own a villa there JFYI.:)

dino
08-02-2004, 16:09
hi Newhomebuyer, could u pls expand on what is IMHO and JFYI. dino

Debs
08-02-2004, 16:13
Hi

We are on Oak Island Cove which is next door to Emerald Isle - our community is so quiet and peaceful but so close to everything - 5 mins to the gates of WDW - such a blessing when you have tired hungry kids in the car I can tell you!!!

huckleberry house
08-02-2004, 16:29
Hi Dino

IMHO = in my humble opinion or in my honest opinion and JFYI = just for your information

Lesley

dino
08-02-2004, 16:36
hi Lesley, thanks for that , u do learn new things each day, u might have said what an idiot but i really didnt know what that meant.
dino

shortyd
12-02-2004, 08:23
Thanks to all for your responses. We've booked the EI home and are looking forward to the stay--just wish we didn't have to wait until November! [8D] Thanks again.

orlandobabe
14-02-2004, 02:48
Glad to hear you went ahead.
The 192 used to be horrendous while they spent about 4 years on the beautification of it. Most of it was dug up and you could spend over an hour just crawling along to our villa (just 5 miles from Disney)

Thankfully-the improvements finished over a year ago-and they made a real splendid job of it-and the road is fantastic. Very rarely do you encounter anything major-and most times are back from Disney in 10 to 20 mins!