PDA

View Full Version : Indian Buffets kissimmee.

davieb
25-06-2011, 13:10
We are looking for an Indian Buffet restaurant in the Kissimmee area.
We have been to one on International Drive and really enjoyed it but it was very small inside with little options of food choice.
We are stopping in Davenport and wondered if anybody knows of any good Indian Buffet restaurants.

Sandra M
25-06-2011, 14:51
None that I know of and the Indian restaurants in general are not a patch on ours so you may be disappointed.

Sandra

shona
25-06-2011, 15:04
There is a 'Passage to India' restauraunt ? if its buffet, on the 192 at the top of old lake wilson. not been ourselves but love indian food, people always tell us we would be disappointed though.

shona

carolmc
25-06-2011, 15:07
We did go to Shamiana on International Drive - once!! Not a patch on anything we've ever had in Europe. Names sounded the same - but it was an "Americanised" version we had and not good really. Since then I have never been tempted by Passage to India although it is close to us.

Katys Grandad
25-06-2011, 15:21
Don't know any of those places but I've never been able to find decent Indian food in Florida - and it's not for want of looking! Some great stuff in major cities like New York, Boston or even Dallas but notable by its absence all over Florida in my experience.

The best I've had was actually a takeaway Vindaloo from a Whole Foods supermarket which I could just about recommend.

Laurel Oak
25-06-2011, 15:33
Don't know of any Indian buffets. We've been to the Passage to India on 192 and its okay if you are in need of an Indian "fix" but if you are expecting anything as good as your favourite in the UK I think you will be very disappointed.

We just do without a curry whilst we are over, makes it taste that much better when we get home.

davieb
25-06-2011, 15:46
Thanks for the replies and yes the curries all seem quite bland compared to ours over here.
It would be great to try the takeaway Vindaloo just incase we are desperate for something remotely spicy, if you could let me know which Whole Food Supermarket to try please.

Thanks.

jeansusrentals
25-06-2011, 16:13
Whole foods is in a nice mall right off Sand Lake Road, just after I nternational Drive. One of my most favourite shops! Not cheap but the meat, fish, salads, fruit and Veggies, ready meals and especially the bread are all wonderful!EnjoyJean

davieb
25-06-2011, 18:05
Thanks for that...we will look out for the Mall.

Sandra M
25-06-2011, 20:05
Thanks for the replies and yes the curries all seem quite bland compared to ours over here.
It would be great to try the takeaway Vindaloo just incase we are desperate for something remotely spicy, if you could let me know which Whole Food Supermarket to try please.

Thanks.

If you want spicy try Thai Thani at Celebration, it's one of our favourite restaurants

Sandra

SDJ
25-06-2011, 21:20
There is also a Thai Thani on I-Drive which is much more authentic with the bric a brac. You can certainly get a hot curry...they look at you in amazement when you ask for Thai hot or Firehouse hot!!!! Wonderful.

DisneyPrincess
26-06-2011, 14:17
What was the name of the one on I-Drive?

davieb
26-06-2011, 15:53
The one we visited on I-Drive is called 'The New Punjab Indian Restuarant'.
It is at 7451 International Drive, Orlando.

Jo
26-06-2011, 16:23
Whole foods is in a nice mall right off Sand Lake Road, just after I nternational Drive. One of my most favourite shops! Not cheap but the meat, fish, salads, fruit and Veggies, ready meals and especially the bread are all wonderful!EnjoyJean

It's brilliant if you have anyone in your party with allergies. They do fantastic gluten free muffins and cup cakes, as well as waffles pancakes, cookies etc.

Val
27-06-2011, 10:04
We just love our Indian food and have tried many over the years in Florida but now have just given up as they just seem very bland compared to the UK. What we do is have an Indian just before leaving for Florida and then the evening after we arrive home you will find us down our local Balti.

Val

Tony G
05-07-2011, 07:45
I loved Passage to India on 192, although some of the food was trying too hard - full of unnecessary seasoning and nuts. I've also tried Punjab Restaurant on International Drive which used to be my favourite but they're a little hit-and-miss when ordering for a takeaway (always been brilliant when eating in) and their menu isn't as comprehensive as Passage to India's. I do think they do a lunch buffet though.

Lyn
06-07-2011, 22:12
We haven't tried it but there is Madras Indian Restaurant (they do 'to go') on 192, our management company love it.

Laurel Oak
06-07-2011, 22:14
We haven't tried it but there is Madras Indian Restaurant (they do 'to go') on 192, our management company love it.

Lyn, whereabouts on 192, it may be worth a try.