PDA

View Full Version : Villa ready end of June

markfried
02-02-2004, 05:22
Hi All,

My name is Mark. Recently my retired parents have elected to buy a villa on the Cumbrian Lakes development. I shall be getting together its website and such related stuff for renting it out when they are not there (which should be 39 weeks or so!).

I have myself been observing this and other forums without ever saying much (well aside from the two posts a few days ago!) for a while and I am looking forward to contributing to discussions.

Mark

blott
02-02-2004, 15:14
Hi Mark

So that means you get to have lots of holidays in Florida I guess!

You're right to start getting your marketing sorted out even though the home isn't finished yet and using the time before it is wisely. Only problem is when you start taking bookings, I'd allow some time in between the expected completion date and the date your first guests arrive as sometimes Florida homes don't complete at the exact time you've been given.

Good luck!

markfried
03-02-2004, 01:53
we've already had the date changed. It was initally end of June and then got put back to late August and now has been put back to 'late june/early july'. My aim is to have the website there ready for late April to take bookings for August onwards (with my parents spending the first month (July) of the villa in it themselves) when we 'should' get a date for completion, then all I need to do is add pictures of the house as I take them and other house things.

Ray&Sarah
03-02-2004, 04:28
Mark, it is not just the building work you have to allow for. Our villa was completed at the end of March, but the documents that were sent to the UK for signing were lost, then they were out of date. We finally completed July 2003. Blott is right, the more advertising you do the better your chance of getting those early bookings, our villa has been empty for six months. Glad to say we now have 16 weeks booked this year. Enjoy[msncool]

chrizzy100
03-02-2004, 04:59
quote:Originally posted by markfried

we've already had the date changed. It was initally end of June and then got put back to late August and now has been put back to 'late june/early july'. My aim is to have the website there ready for late April to take bookings for August onwards (with my parents spending the first month (July) of the villa in it themselves) when we 'should' get a date for completion, then all I need to do is add pictures of the house as I take them and other house things.

Also remember you may not get bookings if your house is still on a building site........I would not have like to spend my holiday at my villa if I'd booked it with all the work still going on around it........it was loud and dusty...no way could you have had a nice time around a pool......I found the whole building thing interesting.......but then it was not my holiday of a life time......

markfried
03-02-2004, 11:34
that is a good point, and one I hadn't factored in, although I do know that a couple of the houses around us have started before us.