PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Killielass
31-01-2004, 21:15
Hi,
New to this forum, stumbled on it accidentally while looking for information about Florida. Hubby and I intend to return there later on in the year, after a great holiday last year at St Pete's. As we are going without our son we'd like to travel around and intend to visit Miami, but can't decide on Ft Myers or Marco Island for most of the stay. Anybody else been to these two places and could give us any information on them, beaches...eating out...any nightlife..things to see etc? Anything of interest??? Thanks in anticipation.

kevinprewett
31-01-2004, 22:52
quote:Originally posted by Killielass

Hi,
New to this forum, stumbled on it accidentally while looking for information about Florida. Hubby and I intend to return there later on in the year, after a great holiday last year at St Pete's. As we are going without our son we'd like to travel around and intend to visit Miami, but can't decide on Ft Myers or Marco Island for most of the stay. Anybody else been to these two places and could give us any information on them, beaches...eating out...any nightlife..things to see etc? Anything of interest??? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,
how old is your son? it may have a bearing on whre & what to advise. Also ,without wishing to seem nosey, what sort of budget are you looking to spend on accommodation. I have been vacationing in the SW. of Fl. for the last 18 years & until fairly recently,together with my bro.-in-law, ran an accommodation agency in that area!
Give me some idea of your needs & maube I can be of help!
Kevin[msnwink]

Kissyme
04-02-2004, 12:50
Welcome Killielass,
You will be glad you stumbled upon this site I have found out many interesting and useful things on this site and all the members are very friendly, and have a wealth of knowledge.[msnsmile2]

orlandobabe
05-02-2004, 18:03
They are not taking their son Kevin.

Have been to Miami but not the other two places you mention. Miami South Beach was great fun. We stayed in the Days Inn right on the beach in the Art Deco area. The famous Wolfies restaurant (never closes even in hurricanes) is situated right behind it. We only did an overnighter-only time we could spare-but there seems to be plenty going.