PDA

View Full Version : Miami Hotels

daveg
30-01-2004, 17:13
Can anyone recommend a nice family friendly hotel in Miami (preferably with resteraunt and pool). We have been looking at the Crowne Plaza hotel (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/MIAAP) which costs approx $100 per night but it's impossible to find reviews.

Thanks in advance.

caseyd
30-01-2004, 18:34
We liked the Amerisuites Blue Lagoon. It is on a lake and you can request lakeside rooms. New (2003 build). 2 beds in bedroom, pull out sofa in living area, kitchen area w/fridge, microwave, sink, heated pool (which I was told they always keep toasty, yr round) free airport transportation, 10 minutes to the beaches. And the rates were a bit less than you are getting at Crowne Plaza (I actually got $75 rate w/my American Automobile Assn. discount; it was $85 instead). Very friendly staff and free continental breakfast. I saw good reviews online and decided to give it a try. Would go back.

kevinprewett
31-01-2004, 02:29
quote:Originally posted by daveg

Can anyone recommend a nice family friendly hotel in Miami (preferably with resteraunt and pool). We have been looking at the Crowne Plaza hotel (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/MIAAP) which costs approx $100 per night but it's impossible to find reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
why not try the 'Marseilles' ocean front at south beach. Last time I looked around $79.

Kevin[msnwink]

blott
31-01-2004, 03:48
Just don't stay at the Surfcomber Inn on Collins Avenue in SoBe...

caseyd
31-01-2004, 04:34
I will just add that based on my expereince w/Miami properties (both on and off beach), if you've never stayed at the really inexpensive beach hotels please be careful and check them out very carefully. Many times you can't get pictures on the web or in a borchure. They can be quite gross. If all you want is to be right at the beach and you can sacrifice other things, that is one thing...but if you have other criteria, caveat emptor ("buyer beware" as they say). I have yet to find a really inexpensive beach hotel that I would return to.

fiona
31-01-2004, 04:36
Don't stay at the Fairwinds Hotel on Collins Avenue at South Beach either!

shazbat
31-01-2004, 15:57
we stayed at the haddon hall hotel-collins ave-south beach- because it advertised that every room had a kitchenette and was only $89.00 per night--however- the rooms were very basic--but the pool area was lovely--it was clean though.Also--they vey often charge seperately for car parking which is limited availability--this adds to the cost.
shazbat

kevinprewett
31-01-2004, 16:20
quote:Originally posted by daveg

Thanks in advance.

Sorry forgot to mention the Winterhaven Hotel on Ocean Blvd. Newly renovated top to bottom. Maybe worth checking out www.[msnsmile2]Southbeach-usa.com

Cruella DeVilla
27-05-2004, 05:51
It is expensive in Miami, we stayed in an Art Deco hotel on South Beach.......treat!
We then stayed in the Days Inn which was more reasonable but less personal.
CDV

sarahjk
12-07-2004, 15:27
Hiya

Has anyone any views on the Amerisuites Hotels, there is 2 in Miami they are suites with double bed and 2 singles, and in the living area a sofa bed which would be ideal for us for 1 or 2 nights with my brother being with us he could sleep in the living area which would mean we do not need 2 rooms, the price is $109 per night.

I would be interested though in any reviews if possible before we book. They also have hotels in Fort Lauderdale and Coca I think, so this might be an idea for us for the 3 days travelling before we go to the villa.

Let me know what you think, please

Sarah