PDA

View Full Version : 1st time in Orlando for golfing

bacardibill
30-01-2004, 00:47
I am heading for Orlando(11th Feb), and i am determined to play a couple of rounds of golf on 'good' courses, without it costing me both legs and my shirt.
Can someone please recommend a couple of courses where i can have good test of golf for my 13 handicap, without me tearing out what little hair i have left.

bacardibill

stavros47
30-01-2004, 10:00
At the moment I have only played Southern Dunes. I found this to be an excellent course.
I will be out in May hopefully and I am to determained to play a few different courses.

alex
31-01-2004, 00:32
two of the best courses in the area is panther lake at orange county
national will cost over $100 or harmony golf preserve which is east of
st cloud $45 after 11.00am mon-friday

Ann
31-01-2004, 01:27
HI
Falcans Fire just oposite old town
or Mystic Dunes just off the 192 near splendid China in the palms golf and country club
both good courses MD being the harder of the 2 so you might enjoy FF better with your handicap

fiona
31-01-2004, 01:58
Alex you just beat me too it - I had just finished grilling Chris!

Don't expect it to be cheap - you are in Orlando at peak time for golf. Try picking up one of the discount booklets on 192 and see if there are any offers.

Keene's Point www.thegoldenbearclub.com (excellent but not cheap)
Mission Inn - El Campeon - www.missioninnresort.com
Championsgate - either course www.champtionsgategolf.com
Southern Dunes - lots of sand! www.southerndunes.com
Magnolia Plantation www.magnoliaplantationgolf.com
Harmon Golf Preserve www.harmonygolfpreserve.com
Mystic Dunes www.mysticdunesgolf.com

Bazamor
04-02-2004, 18:25
Best courses for value for money are Remington&Kissimmee Golf Club(nrKissimmee airport). Hunters Creek (tricky)Kissimmee Oaks & Highlands Reserve good, Falcons Fire excellent but pricy($85)Mystic Dunes& Celebration mint.[msnwink]

kevinprewett
04-02-2004, 19:29
quote:Originally posted by bacardibill

I am heading for Orlando(11th Feb), and i am determined to play a couple of rounds of golf on "good" courses, without it costing me both legs and my shirt.
Can someone please recommend a couple of courses where i can have good test of golf for my 13 handicap, without me tearing out what little hair i have left.

bacardibill

Love Falcons Fire but not cheap![msnoo]

Nigel W
14-02-2004, 19:07
Love Highlands Reserve and found that very reasonable.