PDA

View Full Version : Florida Keys

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-05-2002, 02:24
One of our guests is planning to travel down to the keys after ten days or so in our villa. Has anyone got any suggestions about where to stay & what to do/see. More importantly where not to stay/go!

Thanks

Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

fiona
13-05-2002, 03:15
Suggest he reads today's travel section of the Sunday times which seems to give quite a few suggestions.

I understand Key Largo etc are good places to stay for families, Key West is good to see but very lively.

We were planning to go this year but as we are bringing a friend we're staying in Orlando and just travelling around from there.

Fiona

Ruth
13-05-2002, 03:20
We love the Keys and went several times mainly BC (before children!). We always stay at Amy Slates on Key Largo, her website is www.amoray.com . We learnt to scuba dive there and they also do good snorkelling trips to the John Pennecamp National Park. Key West is good for a day trip but not our idea of the best place to stay. Several dolphin interaction programs (at least 4 I think) on the Keys. Nice relaxing place but mostly diving/fishing.

Ruth

Karen
14-05-2002, 01:25
Sarah, we stayed down in the Keys for three nights last March. We decided to stay half way along at Grassy Key, which is the Key before Marathon, which has a Home Depot!! We stayed at the White Sands Inn, and can highly recommend it. It gets quite booked as it only has about 9 rooms, and is right on it's own little beach. We wish we could have stayed for longer. About a week I reckon(or maybe a lifetime, it was so nice!!) Anyway, they have a web site at www.whitesandsinn.com
What tome of year are your guests going. Peter Stanhope says it gets very hot in the summer.(But at least you have the sea breezes)

Karen

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-05-2002, 02:19
I will be contacting our client this week and suggest he looks at the postings. I believe that he is going to SCUBA dive too.

Thanks to everyone concerned.

Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info