PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG CAN WE STAY IN FLORIDA

petal 4
28-01-2004, 18:08
Hi there, new to this posting questions business, although have been a member for a month or so. There is soooo much information on these sites, I never know which one to go to first, great job, very interesting. My question is, if we purchased a house in Florida, no mortgage, and we did not want to rent the villa at all, how long would we be able to stay in Florida. If only 90 days as I have been told, then how long once we come home to UK do we leave it before we go back to Florida. Any info of course would be appreciated.

florida4sun
28-01-2004, 18:44
If you get a b tourist visa then you can have up to 6 months. There is no stipulation about how long you need to leave the country for. However you can no longer just pop pover to teh bahamas to do this. I know penty of people who just fly back to the UK and get on the next plane back here.

DMC
28-01-2004, 19:44
As you may have already picked up from this and various other threads, you can only stay up to 90 days under the Visa Waiver Scheme and it is pretty much up to chance as to when you can return, for a further 90 days.

The US Imagration Officers have their own set of rules and even after a few weeks out of the US there is no guarantee that they will let you back in - it can be a lottery :(

We holiday for a total of 5 weeks a year in Florida usually in April / May again in September and sometimes at Christmas and it just so happend that in 2001, we spent a total of 6 weeks in a 12 month period and we were questioned long and hard over why we were spending so much time in Florida - the answer "because we like it so much" didn't go down too well - guess we got them on a bad day :(

You can of course apply for a B Tourist Visa which entitles you to stay longer, but I would check with the US Embassy to get the full requirements etc.

petal 4
28-01-2004, 20:00
Thank you for the information, very helpful, will I think go on site of the US Embassy.
Thanks again. Petal