PDA

View Full Version : A new french member !

PascalH
28-01-2004, 16:52
Hi everyone ![msnsmile2]

I am a new french member ( I live near Paris !) of this forum which seems to be very useful and informative !

We plan to come back this summer in Florida ! We were in Orlando last year for two weeks and we fall in love of this country. We booked in a resort last year ( Holiday Inn Family Suite ), nice place but lodging was litlle bit small for five. We will probably rent a villa this year. BTW is it necessary to rent for full weeks from Saturday to Saturday or renting per-a-day service is it avalaible ?

First of all I am about ot make the booking for flights : BA seems to have the better rate to Miami for July ... unless somebody has a better advice ? [msnwink]

After I will look a the villa...and for the best price for attraction tickets of course ! [msnsmile2]

Angua
28-01-2004, 18:02
Welcome to the Forum, Pascal.

I agree that this site is very informative with lots of tips to make the most of your trip to Orlando. Everyone is very helpful, no matter how strange the questions you ask - trust me, I should know![:I]

With regarding to booking villas, as far as I've read, most Villa owners on this site are prepared to start your booking on any day but you should be specific about this in your enquiry. I do recall that there could be an additional cleaning fee that you would have to pay, if you booked under a certain number of days (usually 5 or 7).

I'm afraid I can't help you with flights, but there is a Great Deals section of the Forum which may be worth a read.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=36

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

Carla
28-01-2004, 18:39
Welcome to the forums Pascal. :D:D

Sarah, you are definitely a Florida expert. Sound advice all round!!! Great.
:D:D:D:D

bellaepovera
28-01-2004, 18:42
Hi Pascal and welcome. I am sure most of the homes can be rented starting any day of the week but for further info if you submit a general inquiry the owners on OV will be glad to help you out in your planning. Happy Hunting

kevinprewett
29-01-2004, 15:47
quote:Originally posted by PascalH

Hi everyone ![msnsmile2]

I am a new french member ( I live near Paris !) of this forum which seems to be very useful and informative !

We plan to come back this summer in Florida ! We were in Orlando last year for two weeks and we fall in love of this country. We booked in a resort last year ( Holiday Inn Family Suite ), nice place but lodging was litlle bit small for five. We will probably rent a villa this year. BTW is it necessary to rent for full weeks from Saturday to Saturday or renting per-a-day service is it avalaible ?

First of all I am about ot make the booking for flights : BA seems to have the better rate to Miami for July ... unless somebody has a better advice ? [msnwink]

After I will look a the villa...and for the best price for attraction tickets of course ! [msnsmile2]

Bonjour Pascal, ca va?
I think you are correct the price BA are quiting from Paris to MIami via London Heathrow is excellent. I would be very surprised if you find a better price for a scheduled flight.

Kevin[msnwink]

PascalH
30-01-2004, 00:49
Thanks everyone for your very warm welcome ! I put an inquiry on the web site orlandovilla.com, bur if I understand well there is a three different rental web site ... is it necessary to make an inquiry on each site ?

hamptonlakes
30-01-2004, 01:11
Hi Pascal, welcome to the forum [msnsmile2]

No you do not need to make an enquiry on all three sites but you can if you wish[msnsmile2]

esprit
30-01-2004, 07:49
Bonsoir et Bienvenue. I used to live in Rouen years ago and more recently ran ski holidays in the French Alps for two years. Now I live in Orlando, Florida!!!! Miami is ofren cheaper than Orlando. Look ar Tampa also.

cyclefan88
30-01-2004, 12:54
Welcome Pascal,

I hope to make it to France in July to see Le Tour and root for Lance Armstrong:)

PascalH
30-01-2004, 20:09
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Bonsoir et Bienvenue. I used to live in Rouen years ago and more recently ran ski holidays in the French Alps for two years. Now I live in Orlando, Florida!!!! Miami is ofren cheaper than Orlando. Look ar Tampa also.

How lucky you are to live in Florida ! You're right BA flights to Tampa are quite the same price to Miami... and Tampa is only one hour drive !

I am looking for a job in the US actually, and would like to move with my family. But this is an another story ... ;)