PDA

View Full Version : Easter 2005

wardie
28-01-2004, 01:07
Hi,we've not visited Flordia before, but are intending to go for Easter 2005. Now I believe the correct time to look for flights will be April this year. However, I've heard all sorts, some companies have asked for a deposit to secure a flight, anyone else purchase flights this way? We'll be a family of 5 with 3 kids between the ages of 15 and 12.

ER
28-01-2004, 01:26
Don't know where you're flying from but in my opinion best direct flights are BA and Virgin from Gatwick to MCO. You will need to pay total cost at time of booking. If you purchase through travel agent then you need only pay deposit to secure. Check out this thread for more options
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=36

Funshine
28-01-2004, 14:27
Yes, we've secured flights this way - you pay the final balance 8 weeks before departure.

I've been looking for flights for Christmas and most of the sites do not have details any further than 335 days in advance. You may find the same when you are searching for your Easter flights.

gofer
28-01-2004, 20:49
Hi Funshine,
We are going back to Florida at Easter this year and most companies don't let you book more than 11 months ahead. The flights get booked up really quickly for this period so it is very important to book as early as possible. There are very few last minute deals for Easter and we found that by booking flights at the first opportunity we saved hundreds of pounds! We have been to Florida twice at Easter and it's quite an expensive time to go and the parks are well busy. If you can go a little later or earlier it may be less stressful and cheaper. Flight prices vary considerably and travel agents can offer as good a deal as the internet. We booked through Kenwood Travel 020 7749 9220 and they have been very good.(if you are in UK). Paid £400 deposit and balance due 8 weeks prior to deperture.