PDA

View Full Version : Must-Do Shopping Outlets

Angua
27-01-2004, 17:21
Okay, I need more 'Must-Do' advice, pretty please.

We only have seven days in Orlando for this trip and quite a bit of that will be taken up with the parks. (Woo Hoo!!![msnsmile2])

SO, my question to the Panel is........

[?]Which Malls/Outlets really are must-do and offer the best quality discount clothing?[?]

Many thanks
Sarah.[msncool]

tinkerbell
27-01-2004, 19:02
ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS!!!!! I'm a BIG fan! Great discounts here during sales! Guess not the best, but worth a visit. Timberland is a great store, and Tommy Hilfiger has the same stock as at Belz.

Although most woud say give Belz a miss, I would definitely pay a visit to the designer part before you reach actual Belz. I love Old Navy which is near to Ross which is also great for a nose, and bargains!

Tommy Hilfiger has a great store here too along with DKNY, Calvin Klein Etc!

If you like Gap then Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets has a great outlet, which means that Belz is now not necessary!

Angua
27-01-2004, 21:09
So, there's Orlando Premium Outlets, Belz and Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets.

Any others that you guys think are worth a visit? Come on, I know there's more shopaholics out there than just me and Tinkerbell!!!!;) You know who you are!!

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

fiona
27-01-2004, 23:09
I would give Belz a miss, it is so big you could be there all day! Lake Buena Vista also has an Old Navy as well as Gap. POM is a must! LBV you could do early or late - a couple of hours is probably all you need. There is also a Ross down 192 near the Home Depot but to be honest unless you want to spend hours queuing I would give that a miss.

Angua
27-01-2004, 23:44
Thank you kindly.

Next question. Does POM refer to Premier Outlet Malls and if so, is this the same place as Orlando Premier Outlets?

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

P.S. .......and where is it??????? Can't find anything online or in the Forum. [msnoo][msnoo] Unheard of!!

sarahjk
27-01-2004, 23:54
Hi Sarah

Orlando Premium Outlets is before you get to Sea World after you turn left on to the top of I Drive carry on down towards the main I Drive and SW on the left you will pass 2 communities am not sure what the first one is called but the second one is Vineland when you are coming that way the sign fro OPO is pointing in the wrong direction but you can see the sign for the villas and there is an Outback down the same road as well we always new it as Vineland Outlets

Hope this helps I am one of those people who just know where to go but I am lousy with maps[msntongue]

Sarah

Angua
28-01-2004, 00:18
Thanks all. I've got Orlando Premium Outlet which looks superb from the following website. [:p]

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=17

Just to clarify then, are OPO and POM one and the same?

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

DMC
28-01-2004, 17:38
Hi Sarah

As with most of the above I would 100% reccomend the Premium Outlet's, we have spent many a happy hour and a hundred's of Dollars on various trips.

The Centre is approx 2 miles south of Seaworld on International Drive, you can't miss it, there is also a Publix at the entrance to the centre.

If you go to Guest Services, which is in the Food Court, right in the middle of the centre, you can get a Discount Vouchor Book which gives you extra savings of most stores. ( You may need a vouchor to get one but these are available from the I'Drive Trolley Buses that service the area )

This is our favourite place for bargains and as the stores take in new stock at least twice, so you may need to make several visits :D

The Blez Factory Outlet Centre at the top of I'Drive is no where near as good and is rather disjointed, although the Belz Designer Outlet Centre, about 500 yrds before hand is worth a visit.

If you want main stream shopping then The Florida Mall out by the airport is worth a look and for top of the range goods, like Gucci / Burberry etc etc then try the Mall of the Mallenia, which is approx 5 minutes drive from the Belz on I'Drive.

The Cheesecake Factory there is worth the trip on its own :D

tinkerbell
28-01-2004, 17:54
I have no idea if POM and OPO are the same! It soudns like it!

Following on from the Old Navy mention, the one at Lake Buena Vista holds different stock than the one at Belz Designer, and I am not so keen on it as there is less choice, having said that you will pick up great bargains there too! I emailed Old Navy last night and asked if they would ship to the UK, unfortunately this was the response:

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your e-mail message. We really appreciate your enthusiasm
about oldnavy.com. Since we launched our website, we've heard from
people all over the world who are interested in ordering Old Navy
merchandise online. We think that's great, but right now we can only
accept orders for delivery in the U.S.

We're excited about the possibility of serving up Old Navy's blend of
fun, fashion, family and value to customers outside of the U.S., and we
hope to look into ways to do this in the near future.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Phyllis
Customer Service Consultant

SO maybe there's hope??!?!?!?!

tinkerbell
28-01-2004, 17:56
And there's a skirt i really really want AND it's in the sale!!!!

Following the 192 Ross mention, if you can get down there (only 2 mins from WalMart!), it's less frequented by tourists than the one at Blz, so usually is better stocked!