PDA

View Full Version : When & When Not to Name Drop

Angua
27-01-2004, 11:14
Just a quick query regarding Forum Etiquette, if I may be so bold.

I'm a tad confused as to when it is and isn't appropriate to namedrop and list other websites etc.[?]

I did think that it was okay if you were recommending a site or Company that you had used successfully but not if you ran/worked for said site or Company.

However, more recently I'm getting a tad confused as to what is and is not allowed and would be grateful for your advice so as not to risk the wrath of the Forum.[msnwink]

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

fiona
27-01-2004, 15:21
I think what you said just about sums it up Sarah. However some competitors websites are bleeped out.

Angua
27-01-2004, 16:29
Thanks, Fiona. Not trying to be obtuse but.....

When you say "competitors", do you mean other Villa search sites and/or park ticket sales and/or car hire[?] (Does that make sense?)

Thanks
Sarah.[msncool]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-01-2004, 16:50
I don't think they are any more but we will actively remove the url's of other villa listings sites as we are not going to give their sites a boost by a link from the forums (which is what this amounts to). It sounds a little petty, but you would be surprised what effect this can have.

Other than that we are more than happy to accept genuine recommendations of other sites, including car hire and park tickets [msnsmile].

Having said that, blatant advertising or repeated posting of the same recommendation all over the forums would not be allowed. This only really applies to those devious souls who sign up from time to time with the sole intention of promoting their (or a friends) business.

quote:Originally posted by fiona

I think what you said just about sums it up Sarah. However some competitors websites are bleeped out.

Angua
27-01-2004, 17:01
Thank you kindly, John (?) I don't think it's petty at all but just wanted to clarify the position for any future postings. Don't want to get chucked out of my favourite Forum!!!! [msnwink]

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]