PDA

View Full Version : private mail

caseyd
26-01-2004, 19:15
Do the moderators of this site monitor and read (and possibly edit?) private emails sent on the site between members?

blott
26-01-2004, 19:27
Well... I've got a lot of powers but that certainly isn't one of them! ;) That's why they're called Private messages...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-01-2004, 19:37
Absolutely not - we do not view or edited private messages. We would not do as a matter of principle and do not have the time to read through them even if we wanted to.

Why do you make the comment...I'm curious?

Lakul
26-01-2004, 19:37
I noticed that my private mails have TF edited. I appreciate that the forum is censured but is it right that PM's are censored to[?]

I see you have been promoted Blott:DWell done. I hope you got a raise:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-01-2004, 19:38
Are you referring to that other forum Kerry?

quote:Originally posted by Lakul

TF edited

caseyd
26-01-2004, 20:21
I asked because I had this happen recently on another site, and it surprised me. So I thought I would ask about this site, as I am getting a bit active on it and have sent some private messages.
Nothing has happened on this site to prompt my email- just checking in advance. I like this site very much, it is well-managed and informative, and the members are good respectful folks. Not alot of infighting and jabbing like on some sites.

Lakul
26-01-2004, 20:26
I am John:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-01-2004, 20:48
Thanks Caseyd - we work hard to make this site as useful as possible to renters and owners alike. We're really pleased the way things are going as it's turning into a very useful resource [msnsmile]

quote:Originally posted by caseyd

I asked because I had this happen recently on another site, and it surprised me. So I thought I would ask about this site, as I am getting a bit active on it and have sent some private messages.
Nothing has happened on this site to prompt my email- just checking in advance. I like this site very much, it is well-managed and informative, and the members are good respectful folks. Not alot of infighting and jabbing like on some sites.

Lakul
27-01-2004, 20:40
Are PM's censored???

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-01-2004, 20:43
If you mean does the automatic zapper get them then yes - this is built in to the forum software and happens without any intervention.

Other than that, no they are not. We don't read them and have no interest in it being any other way.

Lakul
27-01-2004, 20:49
Thanks John. I thought that was the case with the software:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-01-2004, 20:59
[msnsmile2]