PDA

View Full Version : Someone new

lookout
26-01-2004, 16:30
Hi,
I'm new to the forums though not to the site. Have just bought (June 2003) at The Abbey, West Haven.
I've already enjoyed reading lots of the threads and comments - very useful and informative.
Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a thread about Management Companies if there is a suitable one or should I start a new one? The sort of info I'm after is:
Am I paying too much?
Am I wrong in expecting at least some bookings through my MC?
How difficult is it to change MCs?
Recommendations for good MC's who would serve West Haven area.
Hope to chat with some of you soon.
Sarah

blott
26-01-2004, 16:50
Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum even though you've been 'lurking' for a while! If you advertise your home on http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com then you'll gain access to the owners' area.

I think the advice that most of the home owners would give you is that if your MC is looking after your home well and you trust them to do this, then if they get you any bookings, that is just an extra. What was your agreement with your MC when you first employed them?

You'll probably get more bookings and at a better rate if you take charge of this for yourself. Although some MCs are good at 'filling in gaps' in bookings for you, it's probably unrealistic to expect them to fill your home, unless they are extremely large.

It's not that difficult to change MCs but, if you're looking for lots of bookings, there are very few that offer this. You could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire if bookings is the only reason you want to change.

lookout
26-01-2004, 17:04
Thanks for the swift response.
I do advertise on villasflorida.com and so get access to the owners area. Most of my enquiries and bookings come from this site in fact.
Because I'm new to all this, I really just wanted to be able to compare my MC experiences so far with others' views and experiences.
I have no real expectation in terms of bookings coming from the MC - it's more a question of 'should I have an expectation?' and then if I was unhappy, how much of a problem it may be to change companies.
I am fairly happy with my MC in most respects although I do sometimes have to prompt several times for information/updates.