PDA

View Full Version : Using GBA on planes

firsttimer
26-01-2004, 14:04
Hi, are you allowed to use game boy advance on planes? Or are these in the category of things that can cause interference?
Are games bought in America compatible with an English one? And is my son likly to find some bargains?

Oh, and another thing- might we see humming birds in the wild?

ClareC
26-01-2004, 14:33
Hi,

You can use gameboy advance on planes but not during takeoff and landing as I understand it. It certainly helps with the boredom factor. On our last flight we hardly knew we had children with us it kept them quiet for so long.

I think American games are compatible but we didn't buy any there so not completely sure on that one. Someone else will probably be able to answer that for you and the humming bird question.

Have a great time

chrisj
26-01-2004, 16:22
American games are compatible and cheaper :D

kevinprewett
26-01-2004, 16:50
quote:Originally posted by firsttimer

Hi, are you allowed to use game boy advance on planes? Or are these in the category of things that can cause interference?
Are games bought in America compatible with an English one? And is my son likly to find some bargains?

Oh, and another thing- might we see humming birds in the wild?

Hi,
I would check it out If I were you. PS@ games are not compatable without a chip fitted but can;t comment on Gameboy.
Kevin

mikewj
26-01-2004, 23:49
Nintendo decided to leave the GBA without any international restrictions, so you can use games from anywhere on it.

As Chris says, they're a lot cheaper in the US (so are the GBAs themselves) as are games for Playstation, X-Box and Gamecube, its just a pity they cant be played over here !

Ray&Sarah
30-01-2004, 02:40
Hi,

Game Boy advances will play all GBA games, whether US or UK. Also the chargers etc are universal. If you have the right sort of DVD player you can also purchase these much cheaper in the states. As long as you can get into the set-up and set to all regions they will play. My son bought a portable DVD player at Christmas in Florida, and is now watching all region films. You pay approx. the same price in dollars as in pounds, a saving of about 60%.

Happy Shopping

Harmony
30-01-2004, 16:42
One request please. If anyone's children are playing electronic games on board a plane, please get them to use a headphone of some sort or have the sound turned off. Don't wish to be a killjoy but the sound these machines make very quickly gets on peoples nerves.

Jeff

chrisj
30-01-2004, 17:34
Jeff

We get our kids to turn the volume off

athurstance
30-01-2004, 18:25
Mine use headphones - I make them use them in the car too - it is very distracting otherwise. I can't imagine being stuck on an 8 hour flight with that tinny noise going constantly.

mikewj
30-01-2004, 19:27
GBA Rage anyone ?

[msnwink][msnsmile2]

firsttimer
30-01-2004, 19:59
Yes, my son has some earphones (actually the free ones from a virgin flight recycled) so he won't disturb anyone. I quite agree!
In fact it is quieter that boomboom noise you get from other peoples' walkmans!

allyneil
10-02-2004, 00:49
By the way when we had a connecting flight with Song (part of Delta) they handed out free GBA's for the kids to borrow - fantastic idea - and it was a discount flight as well.

Neil