PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Hotel

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 18:14
Do a superb champagne sunday brunch. First class food and service for about $40.
We love it and always pay one visit when we are there.

This year we did xmas day.

The americans do this sort of thing so well!

Orlandobabe

Calamity Jane
14-02-2002, 11:55
We do brunch there every time we go, its one of my favourite places to eat out, you have just got to pace yourself (we stay there till the death)

Calamity Jane

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-02-2002, 13:44
Sounds good. Where is it?

John

carole7007
14-02-2002, 14:40
Sounds like a great place to take our hungry teenagers !!!

Where is it ?

Carole & Keith

ian
14-02-2002, 16:17
The Renaissance is beside Sea World, actually I think its proper name is something like The Renaissance Sea World Resort Hotel.
We've only been on Christmas Day for the buffet, it was superb, I think there must have been everything and anything for eating there - crabs legs, omelettes, pancakes, you think of it and it was there!! Hagen Danz ice cream which was still wrapped (handy for taking home), everything was included in the price - even down to the Poinciana plants on the tables!! - if you left early you'll know the next time.
ian

orlandobabe
15-02-2002, 00:06
Inside it is huge-with the rooms built up high on all sides around an atrium- for want of a better word.
Theres an old fashioned aviary in the middle of the floor-with an animated clock that springs into action on the hour.

On Xmas Day the tables almost filled this huge space.

There's also a glass fronted lift that you can ride and look down on the area which was pretty spectacular on Xmas day.

Orlandobabe

Tracey
18-05-2002, 22:52
How did you book here for Christmas Day?

Tracey

orlandobabe
20-05-2002, 21:28
Just rang up. I think you can get the number off the net-407 351-5555
there I've done it for you!

Orlandobabe

blott
26-12-2002, 07:56
Thanks to everyone who recommended this - it was all you said and more!

My husband went in first before we had got out of the car and reported back that it looked like one of my favourite places... He was right, it looks very much like Orlando International Airport inside! Eight floors of rooms overlooked by the twin glass topped roof (just like the Hyatt), the huge floor area with lots of tables and the large Christmas tree! It also has a waterfall and lots of big koi carp...!

The food was great (we were told by a server they had over 200 items to choose from) and I feel as if I've eaten every single one! ;) Got to mention a few favourites... blinis with sour cream and hot raspberry sauce, giant prawns (shrimps in US) which were nearly as big as my hand, white chocolate apple shaped desert with apple mousse inside, strawberries dipped in chocolate (milk or white), pumpkin cheesecake and about another 8 different types, duck with orange sauce, quail and most anything else you can think of! It makes my tummy ache just thinking about it... Mustn't forget the champagne and orange juice for great buck's fizzes!

Live music trio, 8 glass lifts wrapped up like Christmas parcels, huge Christmas tree and so many people enjoying family reunions...

We had a great time but didn't stay until the end as we felt we needed the walk to the car park for some exercise after all that food! So thanks everyone who recommended it! :)

bellaepovera
26-12-2002, 15:26
Ohh i agree!! It is fabo!! Try to go there the last hour as you need to build up an appetitie as big as king kong!!

janny
03-01-2003, 00:56
Do they do a buffet style meal everyday and do they welcome children anyone know?

bellaepovera
03-01-2003, 15:58
This buffet is only on Sunday and Children are welcome!!