PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Lakes

Bigblue33
24-01-2004, 18:42
Hi guys, what can anybody tell me about Crescent Lakes? General info would be good. websites with pictures on Crescent Lakes would be even better. Basically, are there any 'food shops' nearby, now I mean nearby in a British sense, not an American one, 'food shops? yea, there are some nearby, just an hour and a half down the road by fast car'. lol.

Thanks for any info.

Don.

blott
24-01-2004, 19:28
Oh Crescent Lakes is brilliant Bigblue33 but then I'm biased! [msnwink] Have you looked at the community page at http://www.orlandovillas.com/community_display.asp?community=13

Supermarkets are a few minutes drive away (5 maximum) although the local 7Eleven is around 2 minutes drive away and sells quite a few food items. There are also local Walgreens and Eckerds (drug stores that also sell food) around 2-3 minutes drive away.

Anything else you need to know, just ask away!

lisi
24-01-2004, 20:46
Hi
Crescent Lakes is fab as you will see by other threads. Shops not far away - Publix one way and Walmart the other. It was so easy to get wherever we wanted and far enough away from the hustle and bustle - the villas are very quiet and so pretty. You will love it. Go for it

Lisi

chrisj
25-01-2004, 00:01
I second that, Crescent lakes is a fantastic place to stay, near everything and yet far enough
away to be nice and quiet

Bigblue33
26-01-2004, 20:13
Thanks guys, we are still almost 6 months away, the kids made me get a countdown clock for the PC, honest it WAS the kids I didn't want one!. The excitement is starting to grow though. I read on one website or another that Crescent Lakes has horse riding available, is that right?

Don.

blott
26-01-2004, 21:59
Horse World Riding Stables is just a few minutes down the road from Crescent Lakes. Check it out at http://www.horseworldstables.com and don't turn your sound up! You need to book in advance but the website has the contact details.

There's also Boggy Creek Airboat Rides nearby http://www.bcairboats.com and also, in the other direction, Green Meadows Petting Farm http://www.greenmeadowsfarm.com

kevinprewett
26-01-2004, 23:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bigblue33

Thanks guys, we are still almost 6 months away, the kids made me get a countdown clock for the PC, honest it WAS the kids I didn't want one!. The excitement is starting to grow though. I read on one website or another that Crescent Lakes has horse riding available, is that right?

Don.
[/quote]
Don,
I can only agree with everyone, you will not be disappointed by crescent lakes - the kids will lovvvve it!
Kevin

chrisj
27-01-2004, 13:00
quote:Originally posted by Bigblue33

Don.

Don

We will be in Crescent Lakes in 6 months time as well :D:D

Bigblue33
01-02-2004, 20:11
Thanks for all your help guys.
Chris we will be there the second half of July.
Our hopper passes,bought on this site,came the other day! The look on the kids face's were a treat.

Don.

kevinprewett
01-02-2004, 21:20

Thanks for all your help guys.
Chris we will be there the second half of July.
Our hopper passes,bought on this site,came the other day! The look on the kids face's were a treat.

Don.

Kid's -isn't that what it's all about! And Orlando addicts the biggest kids of all[?][?][?]
Have agreat time[msncool]

chrisj
01-02-2004, 23:59
Don

We fly in on July 24th for 3 weeks :D:D we cant wait, Havent ordered any tickets
yet cos we keep changing what it is we want to do this time. Mind you we have 21 days
there so we have lots of days to fill up

blott
02-02-2004, 02:15
Crumbs Chris, you and Don could have the first OV.com guests meet! [msnwink]

chrisj
02-02-2004, 03:52
:D Could do as we are there at the same time

blott
02-02-2004, 15:21
I'm almost sure we've never had an OV.com guest meet so you'd go down in the history books! We'd want pics of course... [msncool]

Bigblue33
02-02-2004, 19:24
Sounds fun, hope you dont mind kids, cause with my 2 and my sister-in-laws 5 there could be a fair bit of noise!
I have to say though, for the sake of my sanity we have rented out 2 villas, luckily they were able to get one right next door to us, I have John and Sarah to thank for that!

Don

chrisj
03-02-2004, 00:33
Don

We have 2 little ones of our own, so kids arnt a bother. Seems a good idea of yours to hire
2 villa's. At least you can escape next door if you need a bit of peace and quiet

Were staying in Aster Cove in Crescent lakes and staying for 3 weeks this time :D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-02-2004, 01:28
Hi Don

Just put 2 and 2 together and realised who you are - welcome to the forums [msnsmile2]

Sounds fun, hope you dont mind kids, cause with my 2 and my sister-in-laws 5 there could be a fair bit of noise!
I have to say though, for the sake of my sanity we have rented out 2 villas, luckily they were able to get one right next door to us, I have John and Sarah to thank for that!

Don

Bigblue33
04-02-2004, 13:53
Hi John & Sarah,I have to say that this place is a font of information. It seems that I find something new about Florida every day.
We can't wait to come out. I saw the new photos of the villa on your site and I have been showing them to my family. My kids really liked the look of the pool light!

Don.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2004, 15:50
Thanks Don [msnsmile]

Believe it or not we only discovered the pool light does the disco thing a few months ago when we read it in our guestbook in the villa - one of the other guests had discovered it by accident and was delighted by it [msnsmile2].

Our pool was the last one built by the particular pool company on Crescent Lakes (I think the pool company fell out with the builders of the house) so no-one ever told us the pool had a disco light.

chrisj
04-02-2004, 19:17
Hey Don

Can we come over for a Disco then :):)

Just dont let John and Sarah know

Chris

Bigblue33
04-02-2004, 19:53
sure no problem! I've got some kewl(thats the first time I've ever typed that word) moves!
Just wait till you see my funky chicken!![msntongue]

Don.

John & Sarah.....Chris promises to pay for anything he brakes!

chrizzy100
04-02-2004, 20:17

sure no problem! I've got some kewl(thats the first time I've ever typed that word) moves!
Just wait till you see my funky chicken!![msntongue]

Don.

John & Sarah.....Chris promises to pay for anything he brakes!

Is it open house at Johns.........hehehehehe
I'm down there in July/Aug....I'll bring my own cup of coffee and a bun..........[msnwink]

chrisj
05-02-2004, 01:14
Woohooo chrizzy is gonna be there, and she promised me a barbie invite a few months ago
as well :):)

I wont break anything im well behaved Don and according to my daughter I dance like a
sack of potatoes

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 01:28
This sounds good - we might come over ourselves as the Don's funky chicken sounds too good to miss [msnwink][msnsmile][msnwink][msnsmile]

chrisj
05-02-2004, 01:32
Erm only if your invited :D:D:D

This is going to be a Guest party you know :D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 01:36
LOL [msnsmile2]

Bigblue33
05-02-2004, 10:20
You know Chris has got it right, I really dont know....John,Sarah,what can you bring to the party? I mean...I've got chicken,chris is a sack of potatoes and chrizzy has the hangover cure.
Or something like that...[msnwink]

Don.

chrisj
05-02-2004, 12:26
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats brilliant

Chris

Bigblue33
05-02-2004, 16:08
Just to make the party a wee bit different, do you think Sea World would let us rent Shamu for a few hours? I mean, the pool is big enough?John,Sarah? [:o)]

Don.

chrisj
05-02-2004, 16:09
WOOOHOOOOO

Now that would be great, my kids would just love it :D:D

I wont be the one cleaning the pool out after though

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 18:07
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Woohooo chrizzy is gonna be there, and she promised me a barbie invite a few months ago
as well :):)

I wont break anything im well behaved Don and according to my daughter I dance like a
sack of potatoes

I've asked an American friend to come round and cook.....hes better with the old Barbie than I am....hehehehehe....now I just have to buy a BBQ.........[8D]

Now we're not all posh with a pool or whatnot....if its been raining you maybe able to dip your big toe in a puddle.......:D

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 18:08

Erm only if your invited :D:D:D

This is going to be a Guest party you know :D:D

Thats too funny.....[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 18:09

You know Chris has got it right, I really dont know....John,Sarah,what can you bring to the party? I mean...I've got chicken,chris is a sack of potatoes and chrizzy has the hangover cure.
Or something like that...[msnwink]

Don.

Maybe they'll run around behind us all clearing up......owners are real handy for that job......hehehehehehe

chrisj
05-02-2004, 18:09
:D:D:D

Thats fine with me Chrizzy, puddle's are fine

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 18:10

Just to make the party a wee bit different, do you think Sea World would let us rent Shamu for a few hours? I mean, the pool is big enough?John,Sarah? [:o)]

Don.

I only have room for a fish in a Dish in my home.........[msncry][msncry]

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 18:12

Thats fine with me Chrizzy, puddle's are fine

Cool....I may upgrade to a bowl by summer......:D

Bigblue33
05-02-2004, 18:30
I aint had a drink yet and I've got a hangover![xx(]

Don.

chrisj
05-02-2004, 18:39
Think this is gonna be a fun party and :D[}:)]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 18:39
Now hang on a minute ... let's not get carried away [msnwink][msnsmile][msnwink][msnsmile]

Even if Sea World does nto lend Shamu, we did have an "official" infalatble Shamu left by one of our previous guests if it's still there for your visit [msnsmile].

Don.

chrisj
05-02-2004, 18:45

chrizzy100
05-02-2004, 19:05
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Now hang on a minute ... let's not get carried away [msnwink][msnsmile][msnwink][msnsmile]

Even if Sea World does nto lend Shamu, we did have an "official" infalatble Shamu left by one of our previous guests if it's still there for your visit [msnsmile].

Don.

Not the same as the real thing....:(
If not Shamu maybe a gator......that'll make the lads get rid of their hangovers real quick......:D[}:)]

chrisj
05-02-2004, 19:22
We have our own Blow up Gator got in in Spain years ago. must remember to pack it

Bigblue33
05-02-2004, 19:23
Heh chrizzy, "snappy" comeback![msnwink].....by the way John/Sarah, I was showing a work mate your site,he was suitably impressed,then we had a look at your BIG villa, wow what a telly! I've got a 31'er,dont get too excited girls i'm talking about my TV,widescreen. But a 61' telly! Its almost as big as the wall!
I hasten to add that I am not going to Florida to watch the telly, but it does not hurt to have a few things on standby...just in case...

Don.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2004, 19:26
hehehehe - we can do Gators Chrizzy - the lakes in Crescent Lakes have lots of them in - we regularly see 5-7 Gators in the lake behind the 7 bed - they quite often doze on the shoreline just behind the pool enclosure.

Before anyone gets the wrong impression, they are quite safe as long as you do not annoy them and move away if they start getting annoyed with you [msnsmile]

Bigblue33
06-02-2004, 16:53
Ok, here is another question, but it's in the spirit of the conversation as its about drink ;)
My wife,god bless her and all who sail in her,is not a big drinker,but she is partial to the odd Barcardi Breezer now and then. My question is.....do they sell that in Florida? If not, do they sell anything that comes close to it?

Don.

chrisj
06-02-2004, 17:33
I never saw any when we were there, my wife drinks the same. Im sure someone else will
know

chrizzy100
06-02-2004, 18:28

hehehehe - we can do Gators Chrizzy - the lakes in Crescent Lakes have lots of them in - we regularly see 5-7 Gators in the lake behind the 7 bed - they quite often doze on the shoreline just behind the pool enclosure.

Before anyone gets the wrong impression, they are quite safe as long as you do not annoy them and move away if they start getting annoyed with you [msnsmile]

We have a gator somewhere near...in the woods over the back.....there were bears a while back....one of the locals had one at her patio doors....but I think there's too many homes built now.....they were one of the first to live there........and had alsorts of wildlife in their homes and gardens.....rattle snakes and cottonmouths in the kids playroom.....now that sounds no fun.....:(

Angua
06-02-2004, 19:46

Ok, here is another question, but it's in the spirit of the conversation as its about drink ;)
My wife,god bless her and all who sail in her,is not a big drinker,but she is partial to the odd Barcardi Breezer now and then. My question is.....do they sell that in Florida? If not, do they sell anything that comes close to it?

Don.

The only thing I've ever seen which was similar were called "Coolers" and they were sort of a wine/fruit combo. I'm going to ask my US contacts as I'm rather partial myself!

chrisj
09-02-2004, 03:27
Ok Don

Got the party invites all designed, just need to put them around :D:D

chrizzy100
09-02-2004, 03:39

Ok Don

Got the party invites all designed, just need to put them around :D:D

You should be able to get to the pictures of my house now its finish if you go to my profile......I still have tons of things to buy for the inside......but I want to do that over time........
Ok I'm broke....hehehehehe.....[msnembarrased]

fiona
09-02-2004, 04:54
We buy breezers in Publix - also something called doc lemon (I think) - this arrived by mistake for me one day at a bar when I ordered a diet coke - lemon with a kick in it, although not as much as the lemon shot from Margaritaville!

Bigblue33
09-02-2004, 05:30
Wow actual breezers! My wife will be over the moon!.........ummm...what's publix? a pub or a shop? If its a pub do you know of any shops that sell breezers?
The invites good to go Chris? how many villas are there in C/Lakes? print up enough for all of them...hell lets make it a street party! [}:)]

Don.

janny
09-02-2004, 12:31
Doc lemon is good! Its actually classed as a beer and is made by the Budweiser company unfortuantely they do not export it to europe although I did offer to import some for them during the beer school at Busch last year

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-02-2004, 14:45
LOL - ther girls sent me and Roger to Circuit City to buy a TV for the 7 bed so we naturally had to buy the biggest TV they sell. It's HUGE but is great to watch as it's like being in the cinema [msnsmile].

The lounge in the 7 bed is massive so at least the TV is in proportion to the size of the lounge [msnwink].

John/Sarah, I was showing a work mate your site,he was suitably impressed,then we had a look at your BIG villa, wow what a telly! I've got a 31'er,dont get too excited girls i'm talking about my TV,widescreen. But a 61' telly! Its almost as big as the wall!

chrizzy100
09-02-2004, 17:19

LOL - ther girls sent me and Roger to Circuit City to buy a TV for the 7 bed so we naturally had to buy the biggest TV they sell. It's HUGE but is great to watch as it's like being in the cinema [msnsmile].

The lounge in the 7 bed is massive so at least the TV is in proportion to the size of the lounge [msnwink].

John/Sarah, I was showing a work mate your site,he was suitably impressed,then we had a look at your BIG villa, wow what a telly! I've got a 31'er,dont get too excited girls i'm talking about my TV,widescreen. But a 61' telly! Its almost as big as the wall!

My brother in laws TV is 10ft by 10ft...its a pull down screen.....lucky they have two large rooms that can be made into one for viewing....he even has the same seats as a movie house.....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-02-2004, 17:23
Sounds good Chrizzy....maybe an idea for our new 7 bed [msnwink]

chrisj
09-02-2004, 18:05

Wow actual breezers! My wife will be over the moon!.........ummm...what's publix? a pub or a shop? If its a pub do you know of any shops that sell breezers?
The invites good to go Chris? how many villas are there in C/Lakes? print up enough for all of them...hell lets make it a street party! [}:)]

Don.

Publix is a supermarket chain, theres one not too far from Crescent Lakes

Ive printed about 100 invites for the party :D

Bigblue33
09-02-2004, 19:13
Thats great Chris, just one thing..do you think that will be enough? [msntongue]

Don.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-02-2004, 19:22
Hang on a minute you two...."how many villas are there in C/Lakes"...I'm getting nervous [msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2][msnwink]

chrisj
09-02-2004, 19:28
:D:D

Well we dont want too many people at the party, remember poor Chrizzy is doing the cooking

:D:D looks like weve got John worried

All we need is to sort out the music and we need some LOUD stuff

Carla
09-02-2004, 19:43
Chris and Don, is this party only for guests on CL or can we all send our guests round???
:D:D:D:D

chrizzy100
09-02-2004, 19:44

Sounds good Chrizzy....maybe an idea for our new 7 bed [msnwink]

I think it would make me square eyed.....I have to be honest we never had the TV fixed up to cable for a few weeks...and I never missed it.....and I never missed the internet for a second in 6 weeks......I'm now in two minds about putting in a PC....I may just leave the house peaceful....:D

chrizzy100
09-02-2004, 19:46

:D:D

Well we dont want too many people at the party, remember poor Chrizzy is doing the cooking

:D:D looks like weve got John worried

All we need is to sort out the music and we need some LOUD stuff

What do you mean......'poor Chrizzy is doing the cooking'......???
Do you have a death wish or something......geeezzzz men......

chrisj
09-02-2004, 19:56
quote:Originally posted by Carla

Chris and Don, is this party only for guests on CL or can we all send our guests round???
:D:D:D:D

If you keep it quiet its a rave and everyones invited, but sshhhhh
dont want John and Sarah finding out, they think its only a tea
party :D[}:)]

chrisj
09-02-2004, 19:58
Chrizzy

I thought you liked cooking on a barbie, I mean if you saw how I cooked [msnsmile2] you
wouldnt eat the food

chrizzy100
09-02-2004, 20:11

Chrizzy

I thought you liked cooking on a barbie, I mean if you saw how I cooked [msnsmile2] you
wouldnt eat the food

I have men to cook for me .....me cook..too funny..!!!....I can cook...I'm sure of it...!!...but I'm well known all over yahoo for my bad cooking....'the firealarms are going off so dinner is cooked chrizzy' is my nick name.........now if it gets back to the guys over there..that I really can cook....well....[msnsad]

I'll bring my American mate..he cooks great.....he can also fix....the holes in the walls and the screens after......he's a builder.....[msnwink]

chrisj
09-02-2004, 22:20
:D:D:D:D:D

blott
09-02-2004, 22:20
quote:If you keep it quiet its a rave and everyones invited, but sshhhhh
dont want John and Sarah finding out, they think its only a tea
party I've got some Scots followed by English in our home in July so I can send them over if you like? [msnsmile2]

chrisj
09-02-2004, 22:24
hehehehe this is going to be fun :D:D:D:D:D

Tracey
10-02-2004, 00:21
I think we may just miss out, we don't arrive until 18th August !

chrisj
10-02-2004, 01:46
Hi Tracey

Sorry but we had to pick a date when the Guests would be there :D

Bigblue33
10-02-2004, 01:52
quote:
I've got some Scots followed by English in our home in July so I can send them over if you like? [msnsmile2]

Better not tell my fellow nationals that,they may leave a "wee" gift for them. [}:)]

Don.

chrisj
10-02-2004, 02:03
:D:D:D:D:D

Bigblue33
10-02-2004, 08:46
Talking of your villa pictures John/Sarah, is that a Football goal behind the villa? If so i'll have to remember to take a ball with me. :D

Don.