PDA

View Full Version : Gravy on ice cream!!

alfie
23-01-2004, 14:12
Must tell you a funny thing that happened, 2 years ago, us - husband, me 3 kids and nanny and grandad, they joined us for 2nd week, took them to the famous all you can eat buffets, father (64) fancied pudding and we told him where to get the ice cream etc as he looked longingly as ours!! but being quite stubborn said he could find it himself. As we all watched with tears of laughter in our eyes - by this time the kids under the table laughing so much - he was merrily getting a big bowl of ice cream and then lavishing tons of GRAVY onto it followed by cheese sauce!! a kindly waiter went to him and told him it was gravy and not chocolate sauce, he could not see the funny side and stormed out - BUT to add insult to injury when we came out to him he was sulking in the WRONG car!! when talking about that holiday the kids do not mention the rides or the sunshine but Grandads taste in sweets!![}:)]

tinkerbell
23-01-2004, 15:08
Gosh! That sounds hilarious! It makes me cringe to imagine trying to placate him!

ptcruisermom
23-01-2004, 22:59
That's a riot. Stubborn old fool[msnsmile2]

cyclefan88
24-01-2004, 01:47
I was afraid to read this [:0]yuck...so did anybody eat the ice cream [:p]

hamptonlakes
24-01-2004, 02:54
I could just imagine Fathers face especially sitting in the wrong car [msnsmile2]

blott
24-01-2004, 03:16
I did a similar thing once whilst on a ferry to Sweden. Grabbed the cornflakes at the breakfast buffet and poured some white stuff from a jug/pitcher over them only to discover, when I sat down to eat them, it was plain yoghurt!

Had to eat them didn't I? But you can get quite attached to the taste of cornflakes with yoghurt on! :D

SG
24-01-2004, 14:16
I mixed up the gravy for the soup at an all you can eat restaurant once. The staff insisted on replacing the gravy with a bowl of soup (between hysterical laughter). The gravy tasted much nicer than the soup! I realised when we went to pay that I had reached celebrity status in the restaurant and was greeted with "Hi, your the lady who ate the gravy, we only had one other person do that and he was Japanese!". Needless to say I never went back [:I]

Shirley