PDA

View Full Version : The atmosphere not just the parks!!!

alfie
23-01-2004, 13:45
Its our 3rd time to florida this year (3 years in a row) gave the kids (and us) chance of anywhere in the world and the kids voted for florida again. They and I put Universal (both islands and studios) high above disney world parks, they are 10 11 and 11, we went to bush gardens last year and didnt rate it at all, the rides were very good but very run down, staff uninterested and actually felt quite intimidated there! as we were staying in st petes for the week bought 7 days of tickets and only used teh one!! Florida for us in not just the parks (but obviously keeps the kids happy and us [msnwink] but it is the atmosphere that is the best, everyone is in the holiday mood, I find the americans sooo very helpful, happy and cheerful (but a few did say that it is different elsewhere as orlando is a holiday city!!), disneyland paris was totally different!! when booking a holiday especially with kids my age, 2 weeks on a beech based break can get very boring for them but orlando you can do so much to keep them entertained, this year we are staying in universal resort hotel and then week in villa, the week in the villa we intend to see more of the real florida, hope it is as good as the other times!!

tinkerbell
23-01-2004, 13:58
That sounds great Alfie! I'd love to hear what you think of the Universal accommodation. Always been intirgued to see the Portofino Bay hotel!

bellaepovera
23-01-2004, 15:16
I went to visit the Portofino hotel and it was beautiful. Reminded me of Italy for sure down to the last tee! Not sure what the price is per night but can imagine!

huckleberry house
23-01-2004, 15:47
Yes your right,the atmosphere is fantastic.I find parts of it,especially along the orange blossom trail before poinciana ,remind me so much of the Caribbean with the old wooden houses and palm trees everywhere growing wild.Oh I wish I was there now.

I also love the way children are welcomed absolutely everywhere and how there is no pressure to "dress up" with shorts and t-shirts the norm whatever the time of day or night.So relaxed and comfortable without the dress code pressure of other holidays.

I do love the look of the Portofino hotel but I am afraid I am a Villa person through and through,well I suppose I would say that wouldnt I [msnwink]

Lesley

orlandobabe
19-02-2004, 02:13
Could be nice to stop one night-if ever you have flown over a day early and you need to wait until your guests have vacated the villa.