PDA

View Full Version : Another Florida driving licence question

Hayabusa
21-01-2004, 15:37
The information in the previous topic is very useful and applies to cars, but does anyone know if its the same situation for your motorbike licence, and are the tests taken at the same place ??

Thanks

Nick

/forums/Data/2004121113729_Busaimage.jpg

Hayabusa
25-01-2004, 18:30
Hey everyone. Well 53 people have read my post so I'm amazed that out of all the people on this forum, I'm the only guy that rides a motorbike. Thanks anyway !!

Nick

blott
25-01-2004, 18:45
Hi Nick

Sorry, I do remember reading your post and thinking that I don't know anyone in Florida who is a biker who would know about driving licences. I then thought that I must research it for you and promptly forgot! [:I] Sooorry!

Dunno if you'll find what you're looking for here http://www.streetbiker-mag.com/sb0126/oseas.html

florida4sun
25-01-2004, 19:21
If anyone new the answer they would have replied. Did you try searching on the internet? Most of the poeple who vist this forum neither own a bike or car in the usa. If its a vacation then your UK bike license will cover you. If not then you need to get a florida bike license.
However this is not the soprt opf info you wnat to take word f mouth advice from. Do search for motor bike license requirements in Florida and that should help. The info will be on myflorida.com if you can find it.

quote:Originally posted by Hayabusa

Hey everyone. Well 53 people have read my post so I'm amazed that out of all the people on this forum, I'm the only guy that rides a motorbike. Thanks anyway !!

Nick

Lee J
25-01-2004, 19:31
Hey 'Busa

Sorry, don't know the answer to your qusetion. I have read that bike insurance is absolutely extortionate in US though. have you made the move yet or are you still in UK? I'm a big bike fan (own a Dukethough, not a Suzi)

Hope you find what you're looking for.

florida4sun
26-01-2004, 03:20
If you are resident here you do not have to have insurance unless you ride without a helmet. Although I would not ride without insurance myself.

quote:Originally posted by Lee J

Hey 'Busa

Sorry, don't know the answer to your qusetion. I have read that bike insurance is absolutely extortionate in US though. have you made the move yet or are you still in UK? I'm a big bike fan (own a Dukethough, not a Suzi)

Hope you find what you're looking for.

blott
26-01-2004, 03:31
Ah, just found another link which tells you about the Florida motorbike driving test. http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/handbooks/Motorcycles/

Hayabusa
27-01-2004, 01:21
Well thanks everyone !! I really appreciate the info and help that has appeared. I will investigate it right now. Special thanks to Mrs Landscape !

Nick

blott
27-01-2004, 02:10
[msnsmile2][msnembarrased]