PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sentinel Coverage

Nostromo
20-01-2004, 21:28
We will be at the Orange Tree for 3 weeks and are planning to have the Orlando Sentinel delivered. (Apparently, one can for a minimum of 4 weeks - we'll leave the last week's delivery to the new tenants) I have never seen this paper; does it cover Kissemmee and the villas' vicinity with all the local news like a British local paper? I mean the local taxicab company, pizza delivery service and so on.

DaveL
20-01-2004, 21:57
The Orlando Sentinel has a number of different section all like small papers, there is a 'Local and State' section every day and the Sunday one has all the special offer in it and will take all week to get throught.

Regards Dave

blott
20-01-2004, 21:58
You can check it out online at http://www.orlandosentinel.com

Have you checked with your home owner that the home will have guests the week after you leave? If not, there'll be an ever increasing pile of newspapers sitting on the driveway which could cause a security issue for the home in exactly the same way as there would be here in the UK.

Nostromo
21-01-2004, 02:02
Thanks, Blott, that's good advice. I'll double check, but I am sure that the owner is having guests the day following our departure. If so, I'll let them know through the owner that they will get a week's worth of free newspaper! If not, I'll make sure that I discontinue the subscription, refund or no refund. I agree about the security issue.

ptcruisermom
23-01-2004, 03:10
I just returned from a 3 week trip to Orlando. I had the paper delivered, I too signed up for the four weeks, when I called the day before we were to leave I called to cancel and they asked if I wanted a refund or wanted to donate the remaining 6 days to the schools. I told them to give them to the schools, being it wouldn't have been much of a refund. The paper was there every morning, it was even there when we arrived the first night, we didn't get in till about 7 PM. One day I slept in until 10 and when I went out to get the paper it was gone, i heard the people beside us leave around 8:30, so I don't know if they helped themselves to it or what ( they never came back so it was their check out day), I called the paper and they siad thru their automated system that I woul d have another paper by 11:45. At aabout 11:15 the doorbell rang and there was my paper, no questions asked.[8D] It was reallly nice having the paper there every day.

Funshine
23-01-2004, 12:20
The Orlando Sentinel is especially useful on Sunday - you get the TV guide, whats on guide, comic supplement for the kids, loads of coupons and of course department store flyers. It weighs a ton and takes ages to get through! [msncool]

orlandobabe
01-02-2004, 23:24
Must remember to buy one on Sunday. I always forget and of course we are only there for a week!