PDA

View Full Version : Wifes 50th...

drino
29-01-2011, 01:10
Any help with this will be greatly thanked in advance...
We are in orlando in 7 weeks and celebrating my wifes 50th whilst their...we have been like 7 times before so know all the nice places etc;
We would like to organise a party at the villa but dont know where to start...do we take it all with us or buy their or pay someone to do it all....like i said any advice be great!![:o)]

florida4sun
29-01-2011, 01:21
Well I wouldn't be humping a load of stuff over for a party. I would either go shopping over there or get a chef in. All depends what rt if party you want. Champagne would be cheaper at the airport for sure.

Katys Grandad
29-01-2011, 01:32
Buying any significant quantity of drink at the Duty free on the outbound will save some money although not as much as it used to. The problem is that it would be a real pain and the aircraft crew might not welcome somebody trying to board a flight with so many bulky & heavy items. If you're making a connection in the US you'd need to transfer it all into your checked bags or have it taken off you.

Again, I'm not sure what sort of party you're looking for but we held a celebration over there recently catered by Publix (we had to collect) and it was really good quality and excellent value. They'll also make a Birthday cake just how you want it.

SDJ
29-01-2011, 03:07
It depends how 'swish' you want the party to be. There are people who will decorate the villa for you and there are catering companies who will provide beautiful buffets if you don't want a Publix type buffet.

Sandra

ravtino
30-01-2011, 21:02
We recently celebrated my husbands 65th in Florida, we went to party City for the stuff for the villa, went to Publix and had a cake made, but we went out for a meal at night:D He didn't want a lot of fuss.
I believe that Subway do catering as well as Publix think Panera bread do too, suppose it depends on how much the budget is, we will be there again 1n 18 days to celebrate my 50th as I do not want a party here[msnwink]

drino
01-02-2011, 00:16
party city huh...sounds great ill hunt for that..;)

Sandra M
01-02-2011, 01:18
I just had a e-mial tonight from Chili's to tell me about a Part Platter that they do, it included sliders, chicken etc

Sandra

ravtino
01-02-2011, 02:41
Party City is at the Loop, sell balloons etc and all party stuff, great balloons:D

Susan J
01-02-2011, 16:24
for my Hubbies 50th, I borrowed extra tables, and bought length of material for a tablecloth, and did a 3 course meal, including Roast Beef and yorkshire puds, for 23! I bought most things at Costco- they also do good deli platters.
I can never fault Publix deli either.
Or why not make meat and potato pie, chilli and curry, and make it more casual- I would defintely get a publix or Costco Cake.