PDA

View Full Version : villa being built-- will it be ready?

poet123
20-01-2004, 00:48
just discovered that the villa we have booked for july is only scheduled to be eady at the end of May. What is the possibility of it not being ready? it is on Emerald Island. Obviuously concerned that if a delay occurs we will not be able to find suitable villa at the last minute. Any advice would be welcome.
We had not realised that the pics/details shown weeeof a showhome not an actual villa as the web link we were sent to made no mention of it

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-01-2004, 00:58
Hi there

Was it from one of our sites - if so, can you pm me the villa ref number as we do insist that the owners clearly state the photos are not of the actual villa etc etc in cases like these.

poet123
20-01-2004, 01:08
John,
The listing on your site states clearly that it is under construction. On the site we booked from it does not!!!!!!! lesson there!! Any advice?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-01-2004, 01:15
Have you asked the owner about it and what they might do in the rare situation of the house not being ready?

poet123
20-01-2004, 02:48
John,
awaiting response. Just thought I would ask advice are the villas generally completed on time or is running late more the norm? We are not sure whether to take the risk as we are travelling early july not much room for manoevre if things go wrong with the build.

poet123
20-01-2004, 18:48
Help making a decision needed

Carla
20-01-2004, 19:58
Some homes come in early, some on time and some late. It's really like asking "how long is a piece of string". A lot can depend on the weather too.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I think that your best bet at the moment is to wait and see what the owner says when he gets back to you.

huckleberry house
20-01-2004, 20:01
Poet123,

Have you already paid the deposit on this villa ? and has the owner added any further information.They should be up to date on the progress of the building works and have a good idea whether a delay is likely.With the risk of being too general regrettably it isnt uncommon for new builds to be delayed.
Personally if it was me I would be a little narked to find that I had booked from show home pictures if I wasnt told this beforehand and,like you,a little concerned about any delays but you really should talk to the owner about your concerns and see if they have any contingencies in place.
If you havent paid the deposit already then you have time to find something else.

Lesley

poet123
21-01-2004, 02:21
Lesley,
We have paid a deposit but it was only when I asked additional questions that it came to light that the villa was not yet built. The agent seemed unaware of this fact either so he has offered the deposit back. I want to be fair and would like to go to the villa but if it were delayed and we needed to find another villa at short notice we would struggle for early July.
The owner has said it will be ready in May but can we rely on that we all know builders !!
As an aside Lesley we would not be in this position if you had our dates avaiable as you were our first choice!!!!!!!!!! any cancellations for July 14th for 1 week? Really need advice HELP

huckleberry house
21-01-2004, 02:57
Hi Poet

Sorry no cancellations (it would need two as crosses two bookings) I assume from your comments that you sent an enquiry,I hadnt realised [:I] Did you get other responses with availability for your dates,I agree for that week there may not be many available now but it could be worth another go.

It is very difficult to advise you what action to take as only you can decide how concerned you will be prior to your holiday.If this is something that will spoil the build up then I would consider finding something else but ultimately only you can really decide.

Lesley

poet123
21-01-2004, 14:03
Thanks Lesley,
Yes we did make an enquiry in late Nov/early Dec I think. I am the sort of person who is very organised and to have the uncertainty hanging over us is not something I an sure I can cope with so I think we will be looking elsewhere still mulling it over!!

Bazamor
23-01-2004, 17:54
Poet, Have they started building yet? If not it is unlikely to be finished. Our home started build in Sept & we have been told March having originally been given January for completion.They are behind on Emerald with some models and in front with others. Your owner should find out for you by ringing PSH but from experience they will not be definite & will give a ball park date for completing.See the thread on Villa communities on this forum under Emerald Island. Best of luck. [msnwink]

poet123
23-01-2004, 18:05
en a date of May but decided against worrying for the nexy 6 months that it was going to be ready!!!!!!!! Someone who is not a worrrier like me may cope better with the uncertaunty but I thought it would ruin the build up so--------- we now have a fab 6 bed booked on emerald island owned by Dolly so we are really happy and looking forward to the holiday of a lifetime!!! Thats what we say every year to justfy how much we spend!!!

Bazamor
23-01-2004, 21:12
Dolly has a beautiful home its fabulous. I had a look around when choosing furniture for mine,i am certain you wont be disapointed. Have a great holiday. We are over in July ourselves drop in.[8D][msnwink]

neilandkay
23-01-2004, 23:58
Dolly's home is wonderful - I have seen the pictures. I know Dolly and I know the designers who did her home (they did both of ours too!) Next time I am in the area, I am going to try and see her home in person.

poet123
24-01-2004, 00:57
Thanks for the replies the villa does look wonderfulbut its always nice to get confirmation!!! is its location central to the clubhouse as we have two teenage boys who might like to escape from mum and dad and grandma etc on the odd evening!!!!!!!! mind you the 19 yearold cant believe he cant have a drink in public!
Hope to meet some of you whilst we are there, who knows we may end up buying too!!

bond
24-01-2004, 01:11
I just looked at Huckleberry House...I can see why it was your first choice Poet....that is one beautiful home Lesley and what an incredible location. I never cease to be amazed at the incredible homes that some people create. Where is Thousand Oaks?

bond
24-01-2004, 02:14
Ok I know where Thousand Oaks is now. I passed through that area on several occasions but never realized they were STR homes. Thats a real nice area.