PDA

View Full Version : Alamo save time

ravtino
12-12-2010, 03:06
I am right in thinking that if I have registered this and printed the paperwork off, I can go straight to the garage?

Katys Grandad
12-12-2010, 09:28
I think the answer is "it depends". Others may well have better knowledge than me but my understanding of these arrangements is that you can bypass the counter if you've filled in the forms accurately, you're the only driver and you haven't booked any extras like child seats, satnav etc.

All the rental companies have a form of this special category and I'm a fan (I find the Hertz No 1 Gold Club to be the best) but they are a bit restrictive. My impression is that they're mostly intended to attract the individual business renter but can certainly benefit the holiday traveller as well.

(I'd be very interested to hear if it can be done without additional drivers having to complete and sign the agreement on arrival because that's quite a significant restriction for a lot of people)

Clare R
12-12-2010, 12:07
Can't speak for Alamo but the Budget Fast Track system works extremely well

wilfy
12-12-2010, 14:06
We used this, but as we had 2 drivers, we went to the main desk. I can safely say "save time" is the wrong description. "same amount of time" would be more appropriate. They still took both driving licenses, asked the same questions and pushed the "extras" that we hadn't pre-booked. (which we always politely decline,........ several times).

As there wasn't a queue at the time we arrived at the desk, we didn't try the self-service screen's, which may have worked.

Laurel Oak
12-12-2010, 14:45
I think as other posters have said it saves a bit of time. We used it in November and it was quicker as the contract was printed straight away as I had put all our information in beforehand. The Agent just looked at our Driving Licences (to check them against the paperwork) and got us to sign/initial the contract and we were on our way. No selling of extras but he did know I guess from previous records that we were regular visitors.

It did save time but not much but overall I would say its worth doing.

No Shoes
12-12-2010, 16:01
The last time I tried the self service screens they would only accept a US driving license. Is this still the case?

ravtino
12-12-2010, 16:32
Thanks, will go to desk as usual, we have filled in all foms and additional driver, I know in summer in Washington they could not get the machine to read the barcode - mind you when we took the car back to Orlando they had no record of the one way and could not find it on the system!!!!