PDA

View Full Version : What will it be like around 4 July

Pluto
18-01-2004, 21:45
HI

Can anyone tell me what it is usually like on the weekend of 4 July. Would it be best to avoid the theme parks? Will the shops/restaurants be open as usual and will there me a great mass of people decending on Orlando for the weekend?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once, but just trying to get a feel for the best things to do/places to go as we will be there over the 4 July weekend.

Also hoping to go to Discovery Cove that weekend - will it be open?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

bellaepovera
19-01-2004, 17:23
I am always there at this period and on the 4th of July the parks are jammed. Everyone wants to be there at night fall for the fire works so if you are planning to go get there early as on this day they have closed the parks after a certain hour as they receive there max. occupancy. Not sure if the mall is open but I believe till 5pm but all shops and resturants are open on the 4th. IF you want to go to Discovery Cove you will have to make a reservation now as they get booked up in the summer time fast.

matthew
14-03-2004, 01:51
hi all

can anyone help me?[msncry]

iam searching far an site about wet and wild[msnwink]

blott
14-03-2004, 02:14
Hi Matthew

Welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like you need http://www.wetnwild.com

Jules
14-03-2004, 04:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pluto
HI

Can anyone tell me what it is usually like on the weekend of 4 July. Would it be best to avoid the theme parks? Will the shops/restaurants be open as usual and will there me a great mass of people decending on Orlando for the weekend?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once, but just trying to get a feel for the best things to do/places to go as we will be there over the 4 July weekend.

Also hoping to go to Discovery Cove that weekend - will it be open?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.
[/quote]

Hi Pluto,

The only time we spent the 4th July in Orlando was in 2000. We watched the fireworks in Universal Studios which were absolutley fantastic the only problem was that they had an identical display in Islands of Adventure at exactly the same time, this meant they ended at the same time and then everybody headed for the exits together!!
The main bottleneck was in Citywalk where we all had to link arms to stop us being separated. We all agree that if we ever decide to do it again we will wait inside the park until the crowds thin. I don't remember there being a problem with restaurants being closed though i'm not sure about the Malls.

Julie

Lyn
14-03-2004, 17:49
Hi I have been to Disney on July 4th it was awful. The place gets really, really crowded but there doesn't seem to be any special celebrations so I would avoid Disney on 4th

KarenScott
14-03-2004, 22:36
Hi Karen
We are also in Florida for July 4th and have been a couple of times before but never noticed any big celebrations or that it has been any busier. Have noticed that there is some celebrations going on in a park in Kissimmee but not sure what it is called so we may try that for something a bit different. So looking forward to it though and feel as if I'm planning constantly to make sure we get it just right!
Karen (my name too!!) [:I]

mr flibble
15-03-2004, 14:54
Hi:)
What is everybodies experiance of July 4th in the USA[?]
Always lots of fireworks where ever we have been.
Try wearing a T-Shirt with GOD BLESS KING GEORGE 111
that could be interesting[msnwink]
Ian