PDA

View Full Version : Best for Italian

paulshep
18-01-2004, 17:56
:)Hiy`all just signed up and read all the reviews with interest. Can`t believe the Macoroni Grill hasn`t got a mention.Opposite the giant Orange on the 192, this is our fave place, highly recommende, with veggie options. The kids are given crayons, to draw on the paper table cloths.

bellaepovera
18-01-2004, 21:36
OHH I for sure mentioned it in the past as it is also my favorite place. Almost like eating homemade!! Take it from me I know! Service is fast, and once in awhile they have a singer who comes out and sings opera. If you have a big party make sure to make a reservation especially on weekends as they are always packed!

stuart
18-01-2004, 21:54
.........and they don't give crayons just to kids!! Ask Stuart and our daughter Louise, who's just turned 20. They had great fun drawing Winnie the Pooh etc all over our tablecloth[msnembarrased] Have to say that I couldn't help but join in too. Almost forgot - the food was excellent too[msnsmile]

Kim

shazbat
18-01-2004, 23:52
The Macaroni grill is our favourite restaurant too--it has a fantastic atmosphere and is not at all like a lot of the other places that are basically fast food joints!The service is excellent and the food even better.
Shazbat

Ruth
19-01-2004, 00:43
Sounds like one we have to try on our next visit:)

mikewj
21-01-2004, 00:07
Did the Macaroni Grill opposite the giant orange used to be an Olive Garden ?

I seem to remember going to an Italian restaurant around that area a few years ago and was given crayons to draw on the table cloths. There was also a woman, wandering around from table to table singing operatic arias.

I'm sure that it was an Olive Garden, but may be mistaken !!

bellaepovera
21-01-2004, 01:04
No that was Macoronni Grill. Olive Garden is across the street and a little bit further down.

Ruth
21-01-2004, 03:59
All this chat about the Olive Garden is making me crave some soup and salad with breadsticks[msnscared]

bellaepovera
21-01-2004, 14:24
YEAH REALLY They dont have bread sticks in Italy and are they good there!

Ray&Sarah
13-02-2004, 00:34
Love the Olive Garden, always have to make at least one visit during our stays in Orlando.

lisag
13-02-2004, 01:05
Try Carabbas Italian Grill on Formosa Gardens Blvd, the food and steaks are awesome.

dbrook
13-02-2004, 11:39
Carabbas is our favourite too:D

Bamboo Benny
13-02-2004, 20:10
Rated Pacino's very good. Opera singer and good food abit upmarket. Also, Antonio's in Celebration very good.

Had a nightmare in Macaroni Grill and thought it was appalling. My Dad's food was brought to the table 10 mins before the rest of ours, then my Mum's came and was cold. Mine was not cooked properly. It all resulted in free drinks, then something else was wrong. My Dad (who is a calm person) just lost it and threatened somewhat amusingly to call the Police. The assistant manager came back with "well just call them" and the manager said " Ok, just have a nice day" and we didnt have to pay for any of it.

I guess from the above we caught them on a bad day !

ujpest doza
24-03-2004, 20:07
Carrabas is excellent, packed to the rafters when we went.
I would also recommend Pacino's as well, although we only had pizza.

Deb
28-04-2004, 22:37
At Easter we went with friends to 'TIMPANOS ITALIAN CHOPHOUSE' on W. Sandlake Road. It was fabulous - a little pricey, but for a special occasion, perfect. The atmosphere, music,food and wine mmmmmmm.......
More for the adults, but children were there. Smart casual dress.

Here is a quote from a restaurant review - "Timpano has it all, from 11 am to 11 pm. The building is a New York style ample restaurant, with dark-wood accents and the interior shows phrases in (some mispelled) italian, allusive to the dining experience. There's a bar, with couches and a fireplace creating a warm environment. On weekends, live piano music brings a touch of romance to the ambience. Booths are the best choices for inside dining. The back patio sitting offers a prime lake view."

We are back in October with friends and one has a birthday, so we'll treat him to a night there.

The friends who took us there @ Easter have had a house in the area for 8 years, so they are experts at recommending good places to eat.
Bahama Breeze is another choice for something a little Caribbean.

Trying all the restaurants really make my holiday - like all the Mum's who've spent years cooking![:p][:p][:p]