PDA

View Full Version : Royal Palms, Santa Cruz, Westridge

new-investor
18-01-2004, 02:05
We are thinking of buying a vacation home in Orlando and would welcome information about some of the communities we are interested. We have previously stayed in Kissimmee (Chatham Park) but now considering communities such as Santa Cruz, Royal Palms, The Oaks or Westridge in the Davenport area.

Has any got information in terms of how attractive these areas are to guests? How safe are the communities? At Chatham Park, they have a security patrol which was re-assuring. Is there anything of the sort in Royal Palms, Santa Cruz etc. ANy information/ advice most appreciated

jeffc
18-01-2004, 02:57
hi staying on westridge manors north at the moment until my house is ready in april.
estate starting to look shabby ...
its advertised as gated estate weve been here for 6 weeks gates never worked yet...

but having said that in 9 years of comming to orlando touch wood never seen or had any bother..

we like orangetree estate on the 27 better than this end..

chrissb
19-01-2004, 03:21
Hi

we have had a villa at Santa Cruz for a couple of years now and we always feel very safe and relaxed when we go there and have not had or heard of any trouble so far. It's a small community and as it is a mix of permanent residents and STRs I think this gives some security as most of the villas are normally occupied. As for how attractive the community is for guests, then it depends on what the guests are looking for. If they want a convenient base to go to the theme parks, explore the area, go to golf courses and relax by a private pool then it is as good as most areas offering the same facilities. If they want a resort type complex,tennis courts, club house etc. and they are prepared to pay more for these facilities then it will not attract these guests. Our rentals are going O.K. but the key is how much time and effort you are prepared to put in to generating your own rentals, and asking a sensible price.

hope that helps

hamptonlakes
19-01-2004, 03:35
Hi well i am over the highway from westridge (Hampton Lakes), i have to say that our community is great offering community facilities including tennis courts, swimming pool, volleyball and also the community is a combination of residents and short term rental homes. I have to say i feel very secure on the community and me being 24 years old, i travelled with my son back in November 2003 just the 2 of us and had no problems about security and also i travelled back in July 03 on my own to view properties and had no problems with worry of being on my own.

As for a clean and well maintained community i would hope that our community is keep clean and tidy because this what we pay out association fees for

lgordon6041
19-01-2004, 21:12
JEFFC, you mention that you are staying on Manors North at the moment. I am staying on the same Manors North and I don't think it looks shabby at all. Compared to some of the estates around the area, I still think Westridge is one of the better ones. Maybe just a difference in opinion??
The gates are an ongoing matter which will be addressed at the HOA meeting this evening but I still feel very safe staying here.

regards

skippy
31-01-2004, 21:29
We have had a home on Royal Palms for three years now and it is a very nice community with a mixture of rental and residential homes. the HOA are on the ball as there is a member walks her small dog around constantly. we do not have gates but we feel safe and as for communal activities we have none of these either.
Sue
www.villasflorida.com/villaview.asp?villa=1012