PDA

View Full Version : Pets

sammibabe
28-10-2010, 12:51
We have just booked our little Archie (jack russell cross chihuahua who doesn't think he's tiny!) for his holidays next year. My friend looks after dogs. She has them in her house so it's a real home from home. The guinea pigs have been a bit of a problem in the past but we have now found lovely boarding 'hutches' for them. Easier for my Mum (one escaped last time we were in Florida and she spent 4 hours trying to catch it)
Wondered what everyone else does with their pets, especially some of the more unusual ones?

Big_Momma
28-10-2010, 23:50
Paying my daughter to house sit the dogs as they are getting older now and get fretful when left in the kennels!! Hopefully she'll remember to feed the cat and fish too!!

dawn
29-10-2010, 00:35
Not an unusual one, but I have a lovely lady come in twice a day to look after the 2 cats - hated the thought of them in a cattery!

Lesley S
29-10-2010, 01:02
We have a hamster that goes to our friends for the holiday and a neighbour comes in to feed the tropical fish!

SteveandJan
29-10-2010, 01:07
my dad used to do sit our Jack Russell but he went to dog heaven a couple of years. We found it hard to find someone to look after our guinea pigs this year but found a lady who looked after rabbits as well so they were taken care off. We have an up/down hutch for ours and we let them on the lawn often without their run and one gets back into his hutch when he's had enough. How funny, (it's very close to the ground of course). The only downside of their trip was that one caught mites so maybe get them some mite treatment before they go. You can get it from pets at home

jeansusrentals
29-10-2010, 03:35
when we had a budgie my next door neightbour kept him - only thing was he went in the 'huff' when we returned and sat with this back to us for days!
Jean

kitch50
29-10-2010, 11:52
We have two cats (a grumpy old man and a stroppy teenager, in cat ages) and our lovely neighbours come in twice a day to feed them and give them cuddles (which is more than we get from our cat Chester, the stroppy teenager) but we have trouble getting people to look after our two domestic fancy mice .... people seem to have a thing about mice but they are really lovely pets and very sociable (and they also make very good cat TV!). Last year we managed to find a friend of my son who had fancy rats so she took them in. I think they will both be in mouse heaven by the time we go in 2012 as they only live to about 2 years so we won't have the same problem ! Funnily enough both our cats get in a huff (especially the grumpy old man) whenever we come back as well, it is like they punish you for leaving them !

thornton
29-10-2010, 13:08
We have two friends who are happy to look after our Border Collie, one has him when we go next month and the other has him in May. We then look after their dogs when they go away. It works perfectly.

janny
29-10-2010, 13:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thornton
We have two friends who are happy to look after our Border Collie, one has him when we go next month and the other has him in May. We then look after their dogs when they go away. It works perfectly.
[/quote]

Him JIll?