PDA

View Full Version : Tinks Xmas Trip report Finally! Part 4

tinkerbell
16-01-2004, 21:08
Friday 26th December 2003

Although today is traditionally Boxing Day for us, the Americans don’t celebrate such a thing so it was all back to business as usual today! We all went to Animal kingdom for the day which was totally rammed full of people. It was incredible, all of the lines were endless, so we really made the most of the fast pass system today! We used this facility to get on Dinosaur and It’s Tough to be a Bug! How great is that show?!?! And what a great picture opportunity of the tree as you exit.

We started the day off with the Kilimanjaru safaris tour. We saw a surprising amount of animals considering how late in the day it was already getting. We then walked around the Pangani Trail, but it was so full of people it was less than pleasureable! We agreed that we couldn’t troop around in a party of 7, so we split up and agreed to meet again later in the day. We had good timing too, when we met up we were in perfect position for the parade that was just about to pass! Once the parade was finished, it was time for Rob and I to use our fast passes for It’s Tough to be a Bug, it was totally hilarious but I don’t want to ruin it for anyone due to visit! Lets just say, it’s a very real experience of what it would be like to be an honorary bug for a day!

After we found everyone again, we were happy to go back to the villa for a swim and change of clothes, before we went out to dinner at JT’s family steakhouse (brilliant VFM!) and then onto Epcot for IllumiNations at 9.30!

When we got to Epcot, we located my picture on Leave a Legacy from 98, and then rob, Max, Sophie and I lined up for single rider Test Track, while dad went with Rob’s parents to pick a spot by Norway for the show. We all enjoyed our evening and we were glad that we had made the effort to come out again!

Saturday 27th December 2003

Today we spent all day at Disney/MGM Studios. Again it was totally packed, and all of the lines were miles long. The first thing we did was to get fast passes for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster! We then agreed to meet for lunch and split until then. Sophie came with Rob and I today, so we took her for her first experience of Muppets 3D! Not as scary as the bug one but still a classic!

We also managed to get straight onto the Backlot tour, although due to the new attraction MGM are building (stunt show) on the backlot, the tour was very different. The house facades have totally gone, which meant no Osbourne family lights attraction this year.

I also noticed that the earful Tower was not wearing its normal holiday wear of a giant santa hat. No idea why this might be though! A bit disappointing.

Once we all met up for a pizza at Toy Story’s Pizza Planet, it was time for our ride ont eh Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster! I love this ride, and it was every bit as good as I’d remembered!

Afterwards, we headed towards the Indiana Jones Stunt show as Rob’s Mum and Dad had fast passes for it. However, we stopped outside to watch the passing parade, so by the time we went in it was standing room only! We aborted that plan and came back to the villa for a relaxing 2 hour swim/hot tubbing! We all felt rejuvenated enough after our showers and deli style dinner to head back to MGM for the 10pm showing of Fantasmic! We also had evening Fast passes for R’n’R coaster! We also found tiem to get on the Great Movie Ride before joining the throngs of people waiting to get in to see Fantasmic. It was superb, the highlight of our day! Got back to the villa exhausted after another amazing day! Oh and I even caught some sun today!

Sunday 28th December 2003

As today is Rob’s parents last day, we decided to have an easy day. We started out by taking a drive north from the villa on the 27 to the Lake Louisa State Park. It was very swampy and totally deserted, but interesting to see.

When we were done with the nature section of our holiday (all 10 minutes of it!) we went for a Maccy D’s near to Disney. Then we went on to the Gaylord Palms (really?!) hotel to see their ICE! Exhibition. It was 9 degrees F in there, and I w

Angua
16-01-2004, 22:33
I'm REALLY drooling now! [:p]

I'm just imagining a Blooming Onion and Victoria's Fillet at the Outback! Now that's heaven on a plate! Guess where we're heading on our first night in Orlando?;) By the way, where's the nearest/best Outback to Davenport?

Many thanks,
Sarah[msncool]

P.S.
Any more installments?

Angua
16-01-2004, 22:37
Eeeek! Part five arrives and I've got to go out. Blast! I'll just have to read it when I get back!!

Keep 'em coming, Tinkerbell. I may have to refer back to you for some tips before we travel.

Kind regards
Sarah.[8D]

tinkerbell
16-01-2004, 23:04
No worries Sarah I'd be pleased to help!

Not too sure on locations check out www.outbacksteakhouse.com

They have locations, I don't know your area well though! The cocktails we had during happy hour were wonderful! Great barrier punch and a peach one I cant remember the name of was to die for and all buy one get one free!

DISNEYDIVA
16-01-2004, 23:14
It's a shame they have taken down the houses on the Backlot tour, that was one of my favourites.[msnsad]
Belz, my hubby used to love the Umbro shop, saved me a fortune last time (it was gone);)

Ruth
17-01-2004, 01:37
I think the closest Outback is on the 192 at Splendid China:)

tinkerbell
17-01-2004, 01:49
Thats the one I went to! Theres a new one opposite Dolly parton's building, near to orlando Premium outlets!

orlandobabe
04-02-2004, 03:48
Is Lake Louisa state park worth a visit then. We often pass it on our way to MT Dora.

The 192 Outback is just 2 miles from us-and we always have at least 2 visits. I still think their steaks are the best.

I would have loved to see the Gaylord Palms ice show-one day maybe.

tinkerbell
04-02-2004, 15:13
Lake Louisa was great for a quick visit, but we spent under an hour there. I imagine in the summer it would be lovely. There are barbeques scattered around the place so you could take your own meat and have a barbie, I have to say I'd be a little worried about the visiting wildlife though! There are some kind of turtles there, I can't remember their names right now, but there are signs all over the road telling you to keep an eye out for them so you don't squish 'em!

ICE has to be seen to be believed, I hope they do it again in future years, it was very expensive though. They must have made a fortune from it, so I guess they will do it next year! When we arrived there, we walked straight up to the tillpoint and paid, when we came out the line was going all around the building! I couldn't believe it! I wouldn't have liked ot have walked through the display if they were too busy as you wouldn't see anything, and also the ice slides were already a long wait. This is when my toes gave up! I do think it's a bit off that you have to pay $7 to park your car at the hotel on top of the $17 each entry though!