PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Snapper
23-09-2010, 00:12
I wonder if I could pick the brains of villa renters again please? (Guests only please for voting on this one)

I'm after doing a bit of market research.

Hypothetically speaking [msnwink] if a villa owner were planning out next year's changes, what would you most like to see as a renter ...

(Of course, if you have other ideas by all means post away - it's hugely interesting stuff to us owners)

kitch50
23-09-2010, 02:01
None of the above ... King Louie's Pad is perfect the way it is [msnsmile2]

caroline
23-09-2010, 04:19
[msnembarrased] Thanks Wendy, but Steve's going to think I'm paying you too well [msnwink]

woldm1
23-09-2010, 12:10
I agree - none of the above. What I think is great that some villa owners do - is leave a small welcome pack (tea, coffee, milk & bread). This is key for late arrivals, so that they can at least have a cuppa and some toast when arriving late at night.

I thought King Louie's Pad was great when we stayed there in 98.

Mel

stabard
23-09-2010, 12:47
As we like to spend lots of time by the pool of an evening I would go for speakers for some music and lights around the plants. Most homes seem to have at least one light in the pool so would not really be worried about multi colours. As I could only vote for one I voted for the speakers.

Tonish
23-09-2010, 12:58
I think the best thing any villa owner could do is ensure privacy round the pool area, whether it means a fence or some type of frosted glass arrangement attached to the pool cage.

Plus lots of fluffy new towels.

orlandochris
23-09-2010, 12:59
Definitely a small gym. It would give me something to do in the mornings while I wait for everyone else to rise!!

Tonish
23-09-2010, 13:04
Oh, and a safe for my passport.

caroline
23-09-2010, 13:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by woldm1
I agree - none of the above. What I think is great that some villa owners do - is leave a small welcome pack (tea, coffee, milk & bread). This is key for late arrivals, so that they can at least have a cuppa and some toast when arriving late at night.

Mel
[/quote]

Thanks Mel, are you sure it was 98 though as we didn't have the house built until the end of 2001.....

woldm1
24-09-2010, 11:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by woldm1

Mel
[/quote]

Thanks Mel, are you sure it was 98 though as we didn't have the house built until the end of 2001.....
[/quote]

It might have been later - must have got my dates wrong. Still a great villa - Mel

LiesaAnna
24-09-2010, 12:52
i voted for 'Add some outside speakers for listening to the radio while out by the pool' we like to listen quietly to music round the pool... where we stay on Terra verde they have a communal pool (we choose a vlla with own pool here) and a disco at the tiki bar on friday nights so it is nice to listen to music whilst relaxing at the poool.. when at the villa we put the cd player just inside the patio door and have it open just a tad so we can hear it... happy with the lighting as long as it has 1 light in the pool dont care what colour.... the resort clubhouse has its own gym so thats for everone to use along with sauna and games room so all these things not nessecery for us....
dont watch a lot of tv just have on for news on music so again tvs dont bother us....

just wish we were there now![msnwink]

chrizzy100
24-09-2010, 20:33
I rent for family and I'd go for outside speakers..we don't use the TV much if there are a lot of us..being by the pool with background music would be nice..

Lyn
24-09-2010, 23:51
Outside speakers could be a problem for neighbours if they were on to loud, I hate noise and would be very unhappy if neighbours were playing loud music.

chrizzy100
25-09-2010, 06:05
Not sure it would be any louder than a radio outside..

My next door neighbour has them which is what made me look at getting some..

sundowner
26-09-2010, 22:39
Having recently sold our villa but been a villa rental owner for the past 20+ years. None of the above appeal to me really apart from perhaps a little extra lighting around the pool deck but it doesnt matter where. When we are out by the pool as a family relaxing at the end of the day we are chatting about what we have done and what we are going to do the next day so music isnt really an issue.

As for tv... we would prefer to listen to music as we would be looking online (so wi-fi is a big one for us) to catch up on business or look at what we would do next day, where we would eat etc.

At one time I though my daughter would opt for a small gym but she says when on holiday that is not important as she has the pool for exercise.

As present renters and previous owners I can see the benefits of what you would be offering depending on the outcome of your survey but for us as a family we are looking for a 'home away from home' plus sunshine, privacy of a rental home and a pool. That would suit us fine.

daisey10
08-02-2013, 19:37
Tonis, I agree with you. I have passed by so many nice villas because there was no privacy at the pool area. I have found to villas with complete privacy.

Gerry Reed
08-02-2013, 20:09
Our pet hate is being able to hear music from neighbours - we like our peace and listening to wild life etc, so ask our guests not to play music by the pool. Also our neighbours are residents so don't want noise at night ! I don't think people realise how far music travels.
We put an extra light by the BBQ last year so that you can see what you are cooking.
We have tried solar lights around our plants but the gardener always manages to chop them up with the lawn mower ! So I would like to find some that are gardener proof !

Sue

Andrena
08-02-2013, 21:11
We find that our guests really appreciate the privacy our home affords. As well as fencing we have flowering bushes (the jasmine smells wonderful) and several fruit trees, guests are welcome to pick anything that is ready. They love the fresh grapefruit, lemons and oranges. I too hate music from other homes, we all have different tastes.

Andrena

Scorpio
09-02-2013, 06:52
I also agree with you. We always try to rent a villa with some degree of privacy around the pool, frosted glass, hedges or fencing. Also, a safe for storing valuable items.

I think the best thing any villa owner could do is ensure privacy round the pool area, whether it means a fence or some type of frosted glass arrangement attached to the pool cage.

Plus lots of fluffy new towels.

Gerry Reed
09-02-2013, 07:48
We find that our guests really appreciate the privacy our home affords. As well as fencing we have flowering bushes (the jasmine smells wonderful) and several fruit trees, guests are welcome to pick anything that is ready. They love the fresh grapefruit, lemons and oranges. I too hate music from other homes, we all have different tastes.

Andrena

The first time we stayed in our villa we planted a hedge to give privacy - it has taken 7 years, but at last we are getting a hedge. At first we lost lots of plants in the hard winters we had a couple of years ago.
Sue

Cruella DeVilla
09-02-2013, 17:32
Goodness this is an old one! I would imagine there might be a few more poll choices for a current poll as more things become must haves!

eagleydo
10-02-2013, 10:47
I chose the lights because I think it looks lovely with extra subtle lights. Not sure about the music speakers, not fancy my time in the pool being ruined by someone elses loud music so wouldn't want to spoil anyone else's peace. Have to agree about the privacy mentioned as I always check the pool area when renting.

letournerie
13-02-2013, 06:14
I am surprised that no one has mentioned "updating furniture". We have stayed in several villas in the past and I have never been able to sit on a couch/sofa without having a constant back pain. It's like sitting on the ground as most have no support at all.
also, we had a chest of drawers and nightstands in the master bedroom, once you opened them, you couldn't close them. A villa owner must notice this too. I don't care at all about coloured lights or fancy stuff, but some actual comfort would be nice.
I know there is an Ikea in Orlando, cheap sofas by the dozen, change them after e few years, pleeeeeeze.

Scorpio
06-03-2013, 09:09
I agree, many villas have furniture which lacks support, often because a sofabed is used instead of a proper sofa.
Another thing - if I had a villa with a games room and a pool table, I would provide a set of snooker balls.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned "updating furniture". We have stayed in several villas in the past and I have never been able to sit on a couch/sofa without having a constant back pain. It's like sitting on the ground as most have no support at all.
also, we had a chest of drawers and nightstands in the master bedroom, once you opened them, you couldn't close them. A villa owner must notice this too. I don't care at all about coloured lights or fancy stuff, but some actual comfort would be nice.
I know there is an Ikea in Orlando, cheap sofas by the dozen, change them after e few years, pleeeeeeze.

CassarJ
07-02-2014, 16:33
I've done several of the above - Like the idea of a small welcome pack.
Will discuss with my MC