PDA

View Full Version : FlyBlu Premium Economy From Birmingham

MrEktion
16-01-2004, 19:14
Anybody come accross this site yet? http://www.flyblu.co.uk/index.php

New airline service to Orlando Sanford, Ft Lauderdale and Clearwater/St Petes (presumably Tampa?) from Birmingham. They seem to have the low fares concept of separate pricing outbound and inbound flights but are pitching the offer at better seats and service rather than low price.

Looks an interesting concept, basic silver service is 38' seat pitch 7 seats across a Boeing 767 normally it is 8 in economy. Gold service is 45' pitch 6 seats across.

A sample quote for September gives a price of £520 plus tax return which is pretty good as Virgin Premium Economy for an Orlando flight is more like £900.

They are working on 6 - 9 flights per week depending on season. Good to have another option to consider.

Mr Ektion

blott
16-01-2004, 19:31
St Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport is probably the place they're flying to rather than Tampa (see http://www.fly2pie.com) and its code is PIE...[msnsmile2]

MrEktion
16-01-2004, 19:48
Well you learn something new every day [8D]

Thanks Blott, looking at PIE it should make Sanford look like Heathrow in comparison. I expect immigration, customs and the like to be very quick to clear considering they only have 1 million Pax per annum.

Unless there is only one guy for each of course then a 767 load of Brummies would have a long wait even withthe low density seating plan [msnwink]

Still looks a good concept I wish them luck.

Mr E

athurstance
23-01-2004, 21:23
I had a chat with a very nice lady from Flyblu and the service they are going to offer sounds excellent. The cost is very good as well when you consider you are getting a premium service and all that extra legroom - that is what swings it for me. Certainly if their service on the planes is a good as the service I have received so far on the telephone I will be well pleased.
I have always wanted to fly Premium Economy but just couldn't justify the price since we always fly at peak times anyway and there are 4 of us. This sounds like the perfect solution.
We have our names down to fly with them at Xmas - they are taking pre-registration for reservations at the moment. So I will let you all know how we get on - of course someone else may well have tried it before then in which case please keep us posted.

lisag
23-01-2004, 21:41
Angela,

I rang them for a quote in August and they compare well with Virgin Economy!!

The only thing I worry about is if they don't actually get off the ground in time for Summer (no pun intended :D and we're then left stranded because I've was talking to a friend of mine who's a travel agent and she doesn't think they'll get everything sorted for Summmer 2004.

Lisa

athurstance
23-01-2004, 22:23
Yes I know what you mean - it is a gamble. However they did seem pretty confident that they are going to get their first flight up on 3rd June. I know they would say that of course - I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.

markburwood
27-01-2004, 17:28
Any one brave enough and booked with FlyBlu yet?

athurstance
27-01-2004, 18:30
They're not actually taking reservations yet. You can pre-register for seats but you don't have to actually pay a deposit yet.
We've put our names down for flights at Xmas.

kay9jess
28-01-2004, 19:19
hi ,spoke to flyblu this morning she informed me that they have the planes they are being refitted at this moment in the the new configuration and the latest inflight entertainment system,they are waiting for the aviation licence...we will have to wait and see what the feedback is like...bernard