PDA

View Full Version : Tinks' Xmas Trip report Finally! Part 2

tinkerbell
16-01-2004, 18:54
Saturday 20th December 2003

Another cold day today, but we braved it long enough to go back to Universal and finish off the rides we hadn’t managed the other day. We could tell straight from the walk in that we were in fro a much busier day than last time. We headed straight for the back of the park and went on E.T., back to the Future, Men in Black (I won again!), Jaws and Earthquake, and amazingly, we didn’t have to line for anything! We did go single rider on MIB twice which helped. It was a 40 minute line otherwise! We all agreed that we’d had enough after these rides, and spent the rest of the afternoon shopping!

W literally shopped ‘til we dropped, and then joined the traffic jams (last shopping Saturday before xmas!) to go for dinner at Sizzler, where we ate ourselves to another standstill!

We enjoyed a relaxing evening in the hot tub before dad and Rob had to leave for the airport to collect Rob’s Mum and dad who were joining us for xmas week.

Sunday 21st December 2003

Dad had an early start today as he was going on his hot air balloon flight that we booked for him for xmas. Unfortunately, this also meant an early start for me, as we didn’t trust dad’s alarm clock! We also received a wake up phone call from Orange Blossom Balloons.

When dad returned from his balloon flight and champagne buffet breakfast, we were all ready to go out. We took Rob’s parents to I-Drive to collect their hire car and then we went to Disney Quest while his parents went back to the villa to acclimatise themselves.

I’m surprised to be saying this, but I was disappointed with Disney Quest, this was my first time there, and I found the whole operation, slow and miserable and totally un-Disney. Having said that, I am glad I have seen it but I wouldn’t rush back. I enjoyed designing and riding my own rollercoaster, and the virtual jungle cruise was great fun! I do feel as though I lost a day somewhere though, as there is no natural light in there at all and it was dark by the time we came out! The best part of the day was the massive piece of Cheescake factory cheesecake I had for lunch!!

For dinner we all went to Ponderosa on the 192, and had an awful dinner. The steaks were all cooked wrong, and half were cold. The extensions room we sat in smelt like a crematorium and the whole thing just put us off going back there this trip!

After dinner we went to celebration to see the lights on the houses. We were there in perfect time to see the final snowfall of the night on Market Street! All very seasonal!

Monday 22nd December 2003

Had a wonderful day today at Epcot! Rob and I had our Epcot Seas Aqua Tour booked for midday, so we all decided to spend the day in the park. We got there around 10a.m. and there were people everywhere! As we walked in the line for Spaceship Earth was growing longer and longer. We split up and agreed to meet again after our swim. Rob and I went with his parents to the Fountain View restaurant to get a drink. We had been to test Track and Mission Space (an impressive sight!) to see if we had time to line, but both lines were 120 minutes standby! So we had to make do with fastpasses for early evening instead!

By the time we had to leave for our tour, the lines had all been so long we had done nothing, so you can imagine how annoyed we were when we were told at Guest Services inside the park, that we were meant to meet outside of the park! I went as directed to Guest Services at the entrance, and complained that we had now used a day’s entrance for nothing, and he kindly gave us new tickets with all of our days reinstated, so I was happy again!

We met with our tour guide Leslie, and she took us the cast members’ entrance to the Living Seas attraction. We were shown around behind the scenes, and learned all about how the fish were cared for, and the types of seas creature they have in their main tank. We went to the back stage part of the manatee tank where they were all resting; did you know that each manatee eats the equivalent to 300 Iceburg lettuces a day?! We also saw the d

DISNEYDIVA
16-01-2004, 22:24
Action packed few days there, I'm exhausted reading it.;)

caseyd
18-01-2004, 03:02
Tinkerbell, how did you book the living seas swim? sounds good but I've never heard of it or seen it advertised before.

tinkerbell
18-01-2004, 16:44
Hi caseyd! No, we had never heard of it before either, I saw a brief mention of it somewhere and called 407 WDW TOUR for more info! It was really great!

orlandobabe
04-02-2004, 03:40
I like the way you tackle some different things.

We're not Ponderosa fans either. Perhaps in its heyday it was good-but we give it a miss these days. I'd rather got to Cracker Barrel.

I think you're very brave doing the water rides in winter-not my cup of tea at all.

The Celebration houses are brilliant. Fave part of my trip.

tinkerbell
04-02-2004, 15:06
Nah! It was 80 degrees soem of the days! We were hot!

The Ponderosa ont he 192 was really awful, as you read, I will definitely be giving that a miss in future, especially as the Sizzler right nextdoor was so great! And the same price!