PDA

View Full Version : Tinks Xmas Trip Report Finally! Part 1

tinkerbell
16-01-2004, 18:53
OK, so you want to know about my xmas trip to the wonders of Orlando?! That’s why you’re here I guess! Let me introduce you to our tribe so that you can picture the scene a little easier!

Me – Laura, aged 24 9th trip and a Disney/Orlando fanatic!
Rob – aged 24, 3rd trip and my partner so a tag along who finds amusement in observing Disney/Orlando addicts!
Dad – Steve, better not tell you his age (ha ha!), 10th trip and apparently an ‘I’m bored of Disney’ veteran!
Max – aged 12, 10th trip, my little brother ( who nearly couldn’t come until 2 days before flying due to pins in a badly broken arm! So he has his arm in a bright blue plaster for the duration!).
Sophie – Aged 14, family friend who came along for the ride, FIRST TIMER!!!!

As you may have guessed, I’m a bit of a Disney etc fiend, and I am loving the fact that we have a rookie with us to show around! Gives the whole place a freshness when you show someone new!

So here we go!

Thursday 18th December 2003

Today was the first day of our Christmas holiday here in Florida. We arrived last night after our awful flight with Virgin Atlantic, and had instant excitement when we turned on the TV! We saw on the news that a shuttle was being counted down to take off as we were watching, when it took off, we ran out the front of the villa, and could actually see the flame from the rocket as it left Cape Canaveral! It was amazing, and we watched it until it left the atmosphere.

This morning, we found it difficult to decide what to do as it was reported as being the coldest day of the year! How typical! We spent some time checking out the villa, and seeing if we could spot anything that had changed since our last visit! Once we were all ready, we decided that Universal Studios was a good idea so off we went. We had a wonderful day (despite the cold!), only problem was that we had bought these special offer tickets – buy 2 days get 1 day free – and we didn’t find out until we had gone through the turnstile that the whole ticket had to be used within 6 days of your first entry. How annoying! This meant we would have to rethink our New Year plans, not now!!!

We started our day at IOA (Islands of Adventure for any rookies!) where we as usual, headed straight for the Hulk coaster! It was every bit as exhilarating as I remembered, just I couldn’t see very much due to the icy wind pounding into my face making my eyes water! This wasn’t right at all, here at IOA in the cold?! Well, we just had to make the best of it now we were here! The good thing about this cool weather was that it did seem to be keeping the crowds at bay! We walked straight onto the Hulk twice with no wait at all!

Once we were done here, we headed towards Spidey. I was dying to show this ride to Sophie, and again we were surprised to find no line! We all enjoyed this tremendously, and for some reason I was screaming as though I’d never been on it before! Wonderful! Our stomachs were not amused with us by now, so we bypassed Toon Lagoon (far too cold for any of those drenching water slides today!), and ate at the large restaurant in Jurassic Park. Dad and Sophie wanted to ride Jurassic Park, but Rob and I didn’t feel warm enough yet to be wet, and Max couldn’t ride due to his plaster. So off they went while we dutifully stood at the bottom to take pictures. When they finally dropped and got soaked, we were desperate to see them shivering and regretting their decision, and we were disappointed; they had only sneaked off to buy poncho’s before riding! No wonder they were gone so long!

We carried on and lined for a faulty Duelling Dragon’s. This is where I must fill you in on an experience of mine from a previous trip…! I was walking through the dark dark corridor to line for one of the coasters, when a wizard appeared in my path and freaked me out so much that I hit him and screamed as though he had hurt me! So, you can imagine, I’m walking very slowly round every corner, with tribe members taking great delight in poking hands through holes in walls and suddenly appearing without warn

DISNEYDIVA
16-01-2004, 22:08
Fantastic report Tink, I've looked at the Wedway people mover on previous trips and would love to go on it. I am scared of heights but it looks gentle, does it go any higher than the outside tracks and would it be ok for small children ? Lesley.

tinkerbell
16-01-2004, 22:20
Thanks Lesley!

The wedway people mover is great for kids! It doesn't go any higher than you can see, and I'm sure you'd be fine as there are so many wonderful things to see on the way round!

It's exciting for small children as at a couple of points it speeds up slightly and they always think it's getting scary! Then it slows down! Go for it!

orlandobabe
04-02-2004, 03:34
Fab report -thoroughly enjoyed it.

How many miles were on the car. Did your dad think it was going to conk out?

tinkerbell
04-02-2004, 15:02
There wre about 10000 miles on the car!!! We have usually been lucky and had brand new. so dad was less than pleased! It was a little rattly, and I was glad we changed as the interior was a disgusting shade of brown! He did his thing at the airport anyway, and we drove away in a brand new one with 6 miles on the clock!