PDA

View Full Version : New golf clubs

Shazz34
17-09-2010, 21:43
Has anyone ever brought back a set of golf clubs on the flight home do they charge you to bring them back?

chris c
17-09-2010, 22:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shazz34
Has anyone ever brought back a set of golf clubs on the flight home do they charge you to bring them back?
[/quote]

It depends which airline you're flying with. Probably best to check on their website.

Susan J
19-09-2010, 01:37
A bloke in front of us on a Delta plane last year was allowed them free- but he was business class.

E. Cosgrove
19-09-2010, 01:43
Virgin usually allow a set of clubs as do B.A

MarkJan
19-09-2010, 02:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shazz34
[/quote]I have but I took a set out. Before Virgin allowed a golf bag as an extra for free, Jan took a case and I took my golf clubs so no extra charge.

VIOLET
20-09-2010, 19:23
Generally Virgin and BA allow one bag of sporting goods - i.e. golf clubs, fishing tackle, Tennis rackets etc. So long as they are well packaged never had a problem.

hoppo
17-05-2011, 22:27
Hi Shazz
I bought a set in Florida a couple of years ago and bought them back, although i've now left a set out there, I would suggest you play a round with them before travelling back so they are then used, not sure if you would be expected to pay duty on new boxed set if you were checked by customs. As stated already, Virgin allow you a set of clubs on top of your normal baggage allowance.
Alan

freddiehollie
18-05-2011, 00:21
Hi Shazz

As you can bring goods to the value of £390 (approx $620) before paying tax or duty you should be fine. Unless your going for a complete set, Woods, Irons, Putter, Bag, etc[msnwink]

That being said Ive just purchased a set of TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons from my local pro & they were not only cheaper than I could get in the States, but they were custom fit[msnsmile2[msnsmile2]

Make sure your getting the bargain you think you are.[msnwink]

Its also not worth the worry of getting them damaged on the return flight, just to save a few pounds.:(

freddiehollie
01-06-2011, 21:14
Clubs arrived last Saturday & I got a free wedge in with the set.[clap][clap][clap]

He also did me a great deal on a rescue wood.

Made even more sense to get from our pro.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]