PDA

View Full Version : Dr Phillips Blvd

DMC
16-01-2004, 14:01
Although we have been regular visitors to Orlando for the last 10 years or so, we have only recently been made aware of the Dr Phillips area in Orlando.

Although I have found a couple of mentions of restuarants in the area on various 'Places to Eat Guides' there is little or no detailed information on the Internet.

Can anyone enlighten me further and perhaps suggest a few good places to eat. ( Italian Pizza / Pasta and Steak Houses always go down well ):D

Also the wife would like to know if there are any good shops in the Dr Phillips area ? ( as if she more retail therapy )[:o)]

Many thanks

Carla
16-01-2004, 14:52
Dr Phillips is a residential area off International Drive and down Sand Lake Road (into Turkey Lake Road), in the opposite direction to the Florida Mall.

There are some lovely places there to eat. If you like bagels for breakfast, then Einsteins has some wonderful/different ones and the cream spreads that go with them are delicious. Can really recommend the jalapeno bagel with the jalapeno spread!! Great for breakfast before going to on to Universal.

Seasons 52 is in this area. The food is wonderful and the menu changes weekly (hence the name). Expensive but worth it.

A deli/restaurant is Toojays, which serves great food, mainly concentrating on sandwiches (not our idea of a sandwich, but the American idea!!).

Another place which is only open for breakfast and lunch is called First (plus something else - can't remember). They do great breakfasts and the salads at lunch time are very delicious and different to most other places.

No real shopping opportunities as such. Mainly shops that residents would need.

Hope this helps a bit.
:D:D:D

DMC
16-01-2004, 15:44
Carla

Many thanks for the information - I look forward to trying out some of your suggestions :)

Seminole
16-01-2004, 23:56
DMC, Seasons 52 was quite popular last year. It has since declined and frankly the last two meals I've had there were mediocre. I cannot recommend the place and certainly not a value for the price.

caroline
17-01-2004, 01:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Seminole
DMC, Seasons 52 was quite popular last year. It has since declined and frankly the last two meals I've had there were mediocre. I cannot recommend the place and certainly not a value for the price.[/quote]What a shame:( we had a fabulous meal there last october and I was really looking forward to going again at Easter - looks like a re-think will be needed

Debs
17-01-2004, 22:55
We never made it there last year but planned to go next visit. Guess we need to re-think too:(