PDA

View Full Version : holiday insurance

scu11y69
14-09-2010, 20:35
hi all just want to know what if any compensation i would get,just come back from florida again this year exerlent as always.we were delayed on return got to the airport where we was told there would be a 24hr delay as a eagle type bird hit the plane wing on landing got put on a coach and put up in the hilton which was very fast at very short notice so no complaits there ,but we did have insurance but what exactly would you recive if you made a claim??, i was quite happy to stay for another day free but if i can get cheap flights or somthing for next time then y not claim.so has any 1 every made a claim for delays and what did they get?
many thanks

FraserLynn
14-09-2010, 20:42
Usually your expenses, but i expect a night in the hilton about covers it.

christhear
14-09-2010, 21:07
My insurance gives you £10 per 12 hour delay so that £20 that is on top of anything the airline gives you. There is a cap at £100.
Used it this year after the ash cloud fiasco - shame about the £100 cap as could have made a nice bit of dosh otherwise.

jimiansville
14-09-2010, 22:56
If you check the wording of your policy it should highlight the amount payable for a delay. Ours kicks in for delays of 12 hours or over and is on a sliding scale depending on length of delay.