PDA

View Full Version : Pool heating

debbie
06-05-2002, 17:28
I am going to Orlando at the beginning of March next year, can anyone tell me will we require pool heating? Is it cool in the evenings? Any other advice relating to this time of year would be most welcome.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-05-2002, 17:32
Hi Debbie

Unless you are brave I would definitely recommend pool heating at that time of year. We just went at the start of April this year anbd had it on - it made all the difference!

It was a little cool in the evenings but not too bad - I was still out in a tee-shirt but I think some people may want to think about a jumper or sweatshirt.

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

fiona
06-05-2002, 21:21
Debbie,

I agree with John & Sarah, you will definitely need the pool heating on and you could be unlucky with the weather and require jumper / lightweight jacket for the evenings. Might need jeans for the evening as well. We were out mid Feb this year and it was very pleasant - shorts & polos during the day but jeans and sweatshirt in the evening.

Fiona

louise
07-05-2002, 17:51
I agree, and I think you will need more than solar heat, make sure they have electric or gas

Louise

Lesley S
18-05-2002, 11:13
I agree 2 but there is the same thread going about for a different month. Same advice - you can leave it and have it switched on by management company but it will tak a day to get to the operating temperature. Also if the owners have a bubble wrap then put this on at night to conserve the heat. Please take care of it though as they cost ££££.

*** Most importantly watch the kiddies at all times - especially do not allow them near the pool when it has a cover on it ***

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Jamie->

chris
18-05-2002, 15:07
Watch as to whether pool heat costs more if not booked in advance. I charge £65 a week but if you wait until you get to Florida to request it the management company charges £100 a week.

Chris