PDA

View Full Version : Water for Baby Formula

JulieW
11-09-2010, 18:53
Hi All,
Just wondering what water you would recommend using to make up baby formula bottles?

I assume the bottled water is ok to boil up in the kettle rather than the tap?

Thanks!
Julie

kitch50
11-09-2010, 20:36
I would presume that you can boil the tap water in FL like you do over here to make up the baby formula, there is nothing wrong with the tap water, just tastes slightly different.

DANESKA18
11-09-2010, 21:47
I always buy the big bottles of drinking water (they have the green cap in Walmart) and used this for our youngest's bottles when she was a baby - not because there is anything wrong with the tap water - it just has a different taste to ours and I personally don't like it (I think it's something to do with the fluoride content but don't quote me [msnwink])

steph_goodrum
11-09-2010, 22:02
They actually sell water that is labelled as "Nursery" for babies, not sure if there is anything different about it. It isnt much dearer so if not sure then it is worth paying a few cents extra.

I personally find a stringer smell of chlorine to the tap water than the uk and dont like it for tea even after it has been boiled so if I were making them for babies would work on the same as we do for ourselves and buy bottled.

JulieW
12-09-2010, 17:26
Thanks all....think I'll look out for the nursery one! Just had heard that babies struggle with bottled water due to minerals etc.

berni_richards
26-09-2010, 19:42
i have only seen the nursery 1 in a few shops inc babies r us and it was expensive, i may have seen it in publix too but I carnt be sure.

ncmurray
27-09-2010, 12:21
I definitely saw it in both Publix and Walmart, and is very readily available. You might also find it in Walgreens.

Nuala