PDA

View Full Version : A good time to go?

colum991
10-09-2010, 20:25
Hi all. We are making plans for next year and it looks like it will be last week May and 1st 2 weeks June. I have never been at this time.We normally go begining May and November.Could anyone tell me are the parks still fairly quiet at that time of year.
Thanks

christhear
10-09-2010, 20:42
Are you restriceted to this time due to school holidays - if not bear in mind that flights may be slightly increase due to the school holidays in the UK and places a little busier. Parks should not be over busy as the US are not in holiday time and weather is usually great at this time of year.

colum991
10-09-2010, 20:56
Thanks Christine, we are restricted as my daughter will be making communion May 21 so cannot go before this dateand we don'twant to go at the peak holiday time.

christhear
10-09-2010, 21:14
If your daughter is not of school age, I'd wait until first week in June

Val
12-09-2010, 13:33
USA school holidays start end of May beginning of June my grandchildren live in Alabama and their school year finishes 28th May so you might find the parks a little busier than beginning of May.

Val

steph_goodrum
12-09-2010, 14:03
If your daughter is making communion, then I'm guessing you are restricted by school dates. It is probably going to be fairly busy as many UK guests take the half term and antoehr week so their children dont miss too much school. We've never found any time of year that we wouldnt go because of crowds (even when we were stuck with August school hols).

Lyn
12-09-2010, 18:24
If the parks expect to be busy ie. during school holidays, then they are open longer, makes for a longer day but gives you the chance to do the things you want.

KH2508
12-09-2010, 21:47
In 2006 we went in the May half term as I work in a school and my kids were in primary then. The May half term in the UK always incoporates the late May bank holiday which as you all know is on a Monday. Some schools do take two weeks then. However the parks were definitely not, in no way, what I would consider busy. How do I know this? I also went in July/August of 2008 and that was horrendously busy in comparison.