PDA

View Full Version : New owner on Ashley Manor

imported_n/a
16-01-2004, 01:00
Hi We are new to villa ownership, in fact we are waiting to close on the 14th feb.
We are keen to rent out our villa and but having browesd this site for some weeks, I think I understand some of the problems that we may encounter.

My next job is to build a web site.. has anybody got any suggestions for the best and most effective 'content' ?

Aso to have the nreve to respond to some of the postings, others seem so much better informed that me.

Cowboy
16-01-2004, 01:57
Hello Clive and Andrea,
Welcome to this forum and to Ashley Manor (on Feb. 14th.). Kath and myself have the first villa on the right as you enter Balmoral Court and we are going over on Feb. 21st. for just a week, so if you are still over there pop in for a coffee. If we can help in any way please send us a PM or e-mail.
This forum is brilliant and you will find lots of advice and help from the members. Many of them have a wealth of experience and although we are in competition with each other they are all exceptionally friendly and willing to give advice. Please do not be afraid to post either your questions or opinions because believe me the members are very considerate and honest. There are one or two basic rules, the main one being that we are not allowed to advertise. Roger and John (the site owners)or Blott and Orlandobabe ( the moderators) will soon zap any "illegal" posts. By the way, bad language is also taboo.
I think your first priority is to get a web site. There was a topic on the forum quite recently with some good advice about web design etc. Once you have your web site I would most strongly recommend that you join the Orlando Villas sister site because Roger and John are masters at keeping well up the search engines.
Finally, congratulations on purchasing your home and we hope you get as much pleasure from it as we do.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Mike and Kath

Beverley
16-01-2004, 05:30
Hi Clive & Andrea,

Welcome to the forum! I bet you can't wait until Feb 14th, thats a very nice Valentine's Day pressie. :)

Are you going over for the closing?
Please don't feel nervous about posting on the forum. Everyone is very friendly & helpful. I'm sure that your contribution will be welcomed. :)

skippy
16-01-2004, 15:43
Hi Clive and Andrea,
Welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to add your suggestions and comments everyone was a newbie to start, just take the bull by the horns and start posting.

Sue
http://www.villasflorida.com/villaview.asp?villa=1012

skippy
16-01-2004, 15:46
Just a thought we will be at our villa on the 15th of feb if you want to meet up.
Sue

imported_n/a
16-01-2004, 18:27
quote:Originally posted by 532maj

Just a thought we will be at our villa on the 15th of feb if you want to meet up.
Sue

Thanks Sue, unfortunatly we are not able to get over for the closing, however we may be able to make it for a few days from 25th Feb.

Thanks for the offer of a meeting, it would have been nice.

imported_n/a
16-01-2004, 18:37
Thanks for the welcome to this forum.... but can you tell me how you get the 'little pictures' on the left of the posts... I think they are called "Avatars" but I can't find out how to add them.. but then again I'm not a 'Teckie' and only able to do the basic stuff.

fiona
16-01-2004, 18:40
Welcome to OV Clive & Andrea.

First thing to do is ensure you take lots of pictures - take loads and loads, all you need is one good one of every room, but they don't always work out! Everytime I go I take more in the hope than this time it will be "the perfect one"!!

Then have a look at loads of other sites, and I wouldn't say copy them, but you will get a good idea of what you like - how clearly to say something etc. Get writing but do remember that a picture is worth a thousand words so that explains my emphasis. Take some different pics - anything to make your villa look different to someone elses so that people remember it.

Do think about giving your villa a name - people then remember that.

Do some searching on here under websites and marketing and there is plenty on here to keep you readng for a few days!

Once you have digested them all you will probably have loads more questions so ask away!

Good luck with the closing - are you registered on one of the sites on here? Best way to start off. There is lots of marketing advice in the owners section.