PDA

View Full Version : Airboats presentation for Australia

hovergo
15-01-2004, 09:56
Hi all
I am new to this forum and delighted that I have found folk with similar interests.
I am 58 years old, interests in computer CAD design, hovercraft and airboats, had several years running a caravan park and driving a safety backup boat for a sea kayak company.

Airboats in Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand are almost unknown, rare as hens teeth so I want to put together a CDRom presentation to show people what airboats are really capable of.
Does anyone have quality video footage of airboats in operation, both commercial and recreational, doing all sorts of things like speed on water, transitioning from land to water and back, going through long grass, down rivers, you know the stuff. I can do the video editing from tape or cd.
Also if thee are any commercial operators who would like their business mentioned on the cd I can do that too. It may be a help for tourists going to the US from Oz or NZ

I would like mainly Panther and Classic but any brand name will do to get the ball rolling.

Also I have been told of airboat racing on fields and in mud chanels which draw huge crowds, is there any footage of these events that I could use.
I really appreciate help on this, many thanks in anticipation
Roger Mac.

Would you kindly email me off line on hovergo@cornerinlet.org.au
thank you
Roger

esprit
16-01-2004, 07:37
Err, have you strayed onto the wrong forum? The only airboats most of us know anything about are the commercially run ones at Boggy Creek!!! Plus most of us live quite a way away from Australia!!

hovergo
16-01-2004, 11:04
OOOps sorry about that, the forum is part of the Alaska airboats forum so I clicked on it.
Please disregard the message.
Thanks
roger