PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater

Albert the Frog
28-08-2010, 01:57
Evening boys and girls--we have already booked 2 weeks in Orlando but we are toying with the idea of having a 3rd week in Clearwater-would prefer a villa but when i search gulf coast with the keyword clearwater i get a nil return.
is this because i am restricting myself to that word or is it to do with zoning issues?
I don't want to go too far south west just wanted to nip to the coast for a week-any suggestions?

mfairhurst
28-08-2010, 03:26
If you go to The Chamber of Commerce web site in Clearwater or Clearwater Tourist Board you may find Villas on there as at the end of Clearwater Beach there is a villa estate with lots of villas and some rent good luck
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Mo Green
28-08-2010, 03:47
There are no Clearwater Villas advertising on this site but plenty of beautiful villas in Rotonda West. It will take you an hour longer to get there but as you are thinking of spending a week it is worth the journey. Once they have discovered it people keep returning to this beautiful unspoilt part of Florida. It is only a few minutes drive from quiet Gulf Coast beaches for shelling, hunting for sharks teeth or just watching dolphins as the sunsets. Close by you will find whatever makes your perfect holiday – fishing, sailing, several golf courses and retail therapy! There are plenty of good restaurants within a short drive or first class supermarkets if you want to barbecue.

Mo

Pookie
28-08-2010, 11:25
Hi

I have to echo all that Mo has said. You won't be disappointed with the Cape Haze peninsular.

It is a little further south but well worth the extra drive and once there everything is close by.
Great beaches, no high rise, restaurants, harbour tours the list is endless.

There is as little or as much to do the choice is yours.

Takes 2 hours 30 minutes from Orlando airport.

Lynne

ShirleyD
28-08-2010, 14:00
I would also say go a little further. My son and I stayed in Clearwater for a night last summer and it reminded me of International Drive.

marion46
29-08-2010, 21:12
I to echo all that Mo has said. You won't be disappointed with the Cape Haze peninsular.

It only takes 1 hour 30 minutes from Orlando airport.
Great beaches, No high rise, lots of restaurants.

Andrena
30-08-2010, 01:24
I too would not like to stay in Clearwater, as said it is like I Drive and not nearly a nice as many other areas a little further south.

Andrena