PDA

View Full Version : Front row on board the Kraken

Nostromo
14-01-2004, 18:12
I cannot recall exactly how we did it, but we managed to get the front row of the Kraken during my last visit. My brother-in-law and I (the others are chickening out) want to do it again. Is there a seperate queue to get onto the Kraken's front row or is it luck of the draw?

Lakul
14-01-2004, 18:48
My son says that there is one long queue until just before the end and then it splits into two queues. So it's sounds like you took the right turning to get to where you wanted:D

Nostromo
14-01-2004, 19:28
You've got me confused. Did we make the right turn or did we turn right?[msnwink]

Lakul
14-01-2004, 19:38
You made the correct turn without realising:D. I've spoken to Darrel again and he says the queue for the 1st row veers off to the left, so stay on that side and there is a sign too. Have fun:)

Nostromo
14-01-2004, 20:01
OK, right...I mean left. [:o)][:o)]

pigletsplace2003
18-02-2004, 01:44
When you get near the front of the queue there is a sign saying which way to go for the queue to the front seats.

chrisj
18-02-2004, 01:51
I wouldnt sit at the front, I got off and my daughter made me ride it again. Think we
will keep away from that ride this year. Im sure I aged when I got off and I had to sit
down :) for a few minutes

blott
18-02-2004, 02:42
Enough to get your glasses steamed up eh? [msnsmile2]

chrisj
18-02-2004, 03:00
I made sure i took them off, I cant handle those rides anymore :D:D

Ray&Sarah
18-02-2004, 03:53
Chrisj, I'm a relative virgin to the white knuckle rides, when I wore glasses the thought of not being able to see where I was going was too much! I now wear contacts, and my eldest son and I get a real buzz from the white knuckle rides. Has your daughter had you ride Duelling Dragons or the Hulk, they are amazing. Of course it might be my age, and I am now in my second childhood!! [msntongue]

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 10:42
I've offered a wager of $50 to my normally timid sister-in-law to sit in the front row of the Kraken when we go there(not the £50 that she demanded, the poor lass is in India and unaware of the favourable current £ to $ exchange rate). She could never resist a challenge and has accepted the bet. We've got the camcorder ready for the moment when she gets off!

chrisj
18-02-2004, 12:21
Hayter

I only take them off in case they come flying off, only really need them to read etc. I havent
been on the rides you mention, but she is compiling a list as we speak of all the rides
where her and dadyy have to go :(

Like I said as ive got older these rides scare the life out of me, but wifey wont go so
I have to, (brave daddy) :D:D

Ray&Sarah
20-02-2004, 02:50
Chris,
The first time we went to Sea World our oldest, he was about 10 at the time, decided he wanted to go on Kraken and asked everyone to go with him, no takers. So he decided to go on his own, we thought he would get to the front of the queue and chicken out, so waited for this to happen. Not him, no. Not only did he ride it, but at the front and when he got off he re-joined the queue! Mind you he also went on the rides on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas and said they were like site seeing tours!!! Wouldn't catch me up there.
Thats why I've started to ride them with him, he was putting me to shame.[msnembarrased]

chrisj
20-02-2004, 03:37
:D:D:D Must admit im not looking forward to this year, wish the wife would go instead
of me, but oh no its a 'Daddy Job' so she says

LesleyB
20-02-2004, 12:07
I'm just waiting for my youngest to grow taller - he is the daredevil of the two, but gets very frustrated when he finds out he is not tall enough for the rides he wants to go on, like the Hulk (he's 5). I just have to ride on my own at the moment (as other half is chicken!).

Lesley

kevinprewett
20-02-2004, 12:39
quote:Originally posted by LesleyB

I'm just waiting for my youngest to grow taller - he is the daredevil of the two, but gets very frustrated when he finds out he is not tall enough for the rides he wants to go on, like the Hulk (he's 5). I just have to ride on my own at the moment (as other half is chicken!).

Lesley

Hi Lesley,
maybe your 'other half' is just like me, not chicken just sensible - if we were meant to be 'turned upside down' we would have learned to walk on our hands![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

chrisj
20-02-2004, 13:06
:D:D:D I might use that excuse

kevinprewett
20-02-2004, 13:51
Chris,
I tried it but when it came to Dr.Doom in Islands of Adventure they told me I didn't have any excuse 'cos it goes straight up & down![msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

chrisj
20-02-2004, 13:56
looks as though im in for a fun time then :(:(

Emily wants to do every ride this year, better make sure I dont eat until we
leave the parks then :D

kevinprewett
20-02-2004, 18:34
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

looks as though im in for a fun time then :(:(

Never mind at least the islands of adventure water rides like jurassic park & ripsaw falls only go in one direction - DOWN[msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]

mikewj
20-02-2004, 19:32
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

We went on the Kraken a couple of days after it first opened, and somebody had obviously eaten too much and as a result, erm....how shall I put this....erm....overflowed all over the front row seats (and presumabley the people sitting in them).

They didn't close the ride to clean it, but they did stop people going on the front row for about 15 circuits, cleaning it every time until they were satisfied that it was chunk free.

Maybe you could get somebody of a similarly volatile stomach to go on ahead of you ?

chrisj
21-02-2004, 00:55
:D:D:D:D:D:D

oh dear now that would put me off

firsttimer
19-04-2004, 17:50
Well I surprised myself and went on it!
I remembered this thread and was careful not to get in the front row bit (much to son's disgust). The queue was only 10 mins and I was amazed how smooth it was.[xx(]

Ray&Sarah
19-04-2004, 21:40
SO next time firsttimer you will be up for the front row.[msnwink]:D

Nostromo
19-04-2004, 23:27
I have already been once on the front row of the Karaken in 2001, but am not sure how we got there. This time, I'll make sure to be there! To get the best effect, look DOWN just as the coaster reaches the summit for its first drop.....and keep looking down!!! If you manage to stay alive, enjoy rest of the ride. :D[}:)][}:)][}:)]:D:D