PDA

View Full Version : January?

RubAyr
08-08-2010, 15:44
Hi, we have been to Florida many times. We normally visit around April/May/June or October/November but this time we are looking at January.

I know visiting Florida at any time it will be fab but what about January?

Any thoughts??

Thanks
K

mfairhurst
08-08-2010, 15:52
We have been there in January and you get no rain as winter is the dry season the days can be sunny but the nights a it cool so take jumpers .
The sales are all on so bargains to be had .
It is the time of the year the Canadian come down for the winter so you will see plenty of RVS on the road .
MAUREEN www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

reemur
08-08-2010, 16:26
We have been several times in Jan
Sunny in the day a little chilli at night
Carol

jimiansville
08-08-2010, 16:32
We have been in January a number of times. As others have said it is nice and dry and bright with lots of sunshine but can be cool at night. It is a great time to go and escape the horrible winter weather here in the UK!

Father
08-08-2010, 18:30
Last January was bitterly cold in Orlando.

Newhomebuyer
08-08-2010, 19:09
The January before was very nice. You never can be sure so we always recommend taking layers of clothes. We take gloves and hats just in case but rarely use them. I can remember walking round quiet parks with blue skies in January.

Lyn
08-08-2010, 19:48
We were there last January and it was very cold for Florida, when sitting waiting for shows in the open we needed jackets and trousers. It was still much better weather than at home and as long as you take suitable clothing you will be fine. The Parks are much easier to get around and enjoy when you are not sweltering hot. You will need pool heat, but if it is too cold even with heat it will struggle to keep the temperature warm enough.

Tony G
08-08-2010, 21:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
Last January was bitterly cold in Orlando.
[/quote]

Seconded. I usually go January/February time and usually it's wonderful. The parks are not too busy, the weather's good and it's a great time to escape from the UK weather, as others have said.

Most recently, I went in January/February 2009 and it was freezing - the likes of which I've never experienced in Florida. All my holiday snaps are full of people in coats, gloves and hoodies!

Katys Grandad
08-08-2010, 22:18
Don't expect the weather to be anything like April/May/June. It goes without saying that Florida in January will be warmer than in the UK but it can and does get very chilly.

If you have a choice and want to be sure of warm weather, stick with your usual months.

RubAyr
09-08-2010, 00:02
Thanks for all your replies.

Kx

kateydoodles
09-08-2010, 16:12
We went in January/February a few years ago, and it was warm enough compared to UK weather! But still, we wore jeans most of the time as opposed to shorts, and a jumper at night time, (when it did get cooler). It's a lovely time to go though, as the parks tend to be a lot quieter.

ukman
16-08-2010, 18:16
We go end of dec for xmas through to the new year, and always enjoy it regardless of the weather cuz it has always been colder here in the uk.