PDA

View Full Version : 1 night stay ???

mr browndog
05-08-2010, 17:01
Hi all, im travelling to florida and staying in Kissimee for 2 weeks from 8th Oct this year.
me and my girlfriend are wanting to drive somewere (clearwater/daytona......any ideas?) and stay over for the night, just to see what its like in other areas or towns.
can anybody suggest anywhere that we would find a lovely place to travel.
we are both mid 20's and looking for somewere kind of lively on a night ( nothing too wild ) but is pituresc during the day with places to visit, preferably on the coast so we can have a stroll on the beach

any advice would be great thanks

SteveandJan
05-08-2010, 17:41
Miami and Fort Lauderdale has lively nightlife,

Lyn
05-08-2010, 18:19
I agree, most places might be a little quiet, when in Fort Lauderdale we stayed at the Days Inn which was close to the beach (across a quite bust road) in the evening their was live entertainment around the tikki bar and restaurant.

mr browndog
05-08-2010, 18:29
thanks for replys guys, these places look a little further away than i was hoping to drive, these look around 4 hours e/way.
i was hoping for a 2 hour drive maximum as we are hoping to only do a 1 night stay over

what is clear water like?

ujpest doza
05-08-2010, 18:39
Cocoa Beach is only about 1.5 hours drive away.

Was nice during the day when we were there, bit windy but there was a hurricane hitting the northern gulf coast so everywhere was windy at the time:D

Also, have you thought of Daytona Beach? Possibly a bit more lively in Daytona Beach than Clearwater/Cocoa etc.

mr browndog
05-08-2010, 18:52
im open to all suggestions, i wouldnt mind staying somewere other than a hotel though.
im thinking more along the lines of beach side appartment or harbour, somthing special but unusual

any ideas>?

gpullan
05-08-2010, 19:02
[name edited]

You will not be disappointed!!!!

Have a look, they will do nightly rates.

Not sure about it being lively though, it will be until sunset then not sure what would be happening then.

Only about 2 hours away, fantastic beach, cafe on the beach.