PDA

View Full Version : Universal side entrance

jantel
30-07-2010, 16:57
I noticed a side entrance to the Universal Sudios. It is situated next to the Hard Rock Cafe. It may be a quicker way in on some days!!

roger
30-07-2010, 17:03
Yes, this can save a lot of time if there are long lines at the main gate. Sometimes (like when there is a special event) they also open the IOA side entrance, which is next to 'Cat in the Hat' so you can quickly leave IoA and get in to Universal (or vice versa) without going through either main gate.

orlandochris
30-07-2010, 18:37
Great tip. This is the first I've heard of this.

peterB
31-07-2010, 13:03
Great tip ! Is the side entrance to Universal always open ?

Ian Mcc
31-07-2010, 16:27
Never heard of or noticed this

roger
31-07-2010, 17:23
As far as I know the side entrance to Universal is always open (for exiting or entering). At least it always has been whenever we have used it, which is quite often. Just go in as though going in to Blue Man Group, then as you get to the fron of the Blue Man Group building you will see to your right the Universal entrance. There is usually just 2 staff members standinng by a table with a hand held ticket scanner. It brings you out under the Rip, Ride, Rockit coaster almost opposite the Shrek ride.

The IoA side entrance only seems to open when there is an even at either park (like Mardi Gras, Halloween Horror nights or similar). This allows guests to go from park to park much more easily, as the 2 side entrances are only a short walk from each other.