PDA

View Full Version : Laundry for oversize quilt

rainyday
07-06-2010, 15:55
Does anyone know where I could get a large quilt laundered in the 192/Kissimmee area? Either a laundry service that I drop to (or they collect) or a self-service laundromat? Quilt is too big for villa washing machine. Thanks.

Fourdents
07-06-2010, 16:04
There is a launderette in the Mall at the end of the 192 just before you join the Hwy 27

Publix - Hess garage - Dennys there too

I got my quilts done there. Took it in and collected it a few days later.

They dry clean and also do ordinary service wash

steph_goodrum
07-06-2010, 17:51
Kate
If you don't mind me asking, are you asking as a Guest? If so and you are being kind enough to launder it if there has been an accident then it is usually better to inform the management company and let them deal with it. Well intentioned Guests have in the past laundered quilts which are only designed for dry cleaning and accidentally ruined them.

mfairhurst
07-06-2010, 18:09
We had our very good quality king size quilt cleaned on the 192 opossite Friendlys it was dry cleaned and it cost $30 .00 and they did a very good job you leave it and they tell you how long it will take before you leave it they are a nice couple that own the business .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683

fiona
07-06-2010, 19:42
Kate, I agree with Steph it might be best to just run it by the Management Company.

I have used the dry cleaners at Orange Lakes where the Publix is, just up from the Formosa Gardens area. Last year it was about $32/35 and ready to collect the next morning.

rainyday
08-06-2010, 00:07
Yes, I think I'll run it by the management company although they don't seem a very sympathetic bunch - although in fairness we haven't had an actual contact with them yet. From where I sit in the kitchen, I can see 13 individual notices stuck to the walls outlining the fines for various infringements; there is a list in each bathroom of how much each towel will cost to replace and a similar list in the linen cupboard for the sheets; and the 'villa guide' is a further guide of how much the infringements will cost. I really find it quite bizarre. I'm going to count before I leave how many fines are mentioned around the house and in the villa guide. I've rented 8 villas so far and it's the first time I've seen anything like this (villa not through this site though previous ones were...). Anyway, I'll take my life (and credit card..) in my hands and give them a call. I think getting it laundered should be fine - there are washing instructions on it and they actually say NOT to dry clean.

LiesaAnna
08-06-2010, 01:12
never seen any notices like that in any villa we have stayed in.... [msnscared]

mfairhurst
08-06-2010, 01:17
Is there no way you can contact the owner of the villa ,We have someone who had dropped our iron and she e-mail me in the villa and asked do they buy the same or a different one and infact it finished up being a more expensive one they left in our villa plus the broken one for us to see as we were going over just after them .
There is a laundery on the highway 192 next door to the dry cleaners we use you could go and ask them , as they will know if the colours will run .
It dependes how long you have in the villa left to sort it out .
At least you are being honest and not just walking away .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Susan J
08-06-2010, 01:22
Who is the Management company?

Val
08-06-2010, 02:15
Just inform the Management and they will sort it out,and I am sure as you are being so honest it will not be a problem, but if you are near Champions Gate there is a dry cleaners near Publix and the new Publix on the corner of Reunion and Lake Wilson a new dry cleaners have opened up there quite recently.

Val

Andrena
30-06-2010, 17:24
Our son and family stayed in a home just like that. There were too many of us for our own home so they had to rent another home close by. He was terrified all the time he was there. They even lied about there being a HOA which would fine the owners if they put the bin out on the wrong day - we don't have an HOA on our subdivision. I would never allow them to rent this home again or advise anyone to rent it. They don't advertise on OV thank goodness. We have notices, but they are only advisory for things which we feel guests need to know, like not putting large things down the toilets.

Funnily enough just after we all came home I had a letter from that MC asking if I would like them to look after my home - NO WAY. There charges are pretty high too, must be to cover the cost of all the notices.

You sound like the sort of considerate guest that I like to have, I hope the MC and owner appreciate it.

Andrena