PDA

View Full Version : August Weather

DisneyPrincess
02-06-2010, 19:58
Hi everyone,

10 weeks till Florida and we have never been in august before. Last trip (2007) we flew out on the 6th Sept and was wondering is there much difference in weather - this year we fly 12th August?

Also, just out of curiosity i checked the BBC world weather this morning for a nosy at the weather in Orlando and it looks like a week of 'heavy showers'. Is this just referring to the thundery showers that take place this time of year? I remember last time we went the weather forcasts always said 'thundery showers' etc but the days were glorious until 5-6pm when the heavens opened with thunder and lightning before clearing up again.

mfairhurst
02-06-2010, 20:10
Florida gets rain around 4 00 pm in summer and clears the air has it can be very hot so you will feel cooler when the rain has gone .
The gardens need a little rain through the year as most of the winter it does not rain at all so it fills the lakes and water ways .
Enjoy your stay in Florida again
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

dawn
02-06-2010, 20:14
Hi, we are here at the moment and the weather is gorgeous and really warm (high 80s). There has been an odd shower in the afternoon that lasts a few minutes, and some thunder and lightening with rain(usually around 9pm), but not every night, so pretty much as you remember.

SteveandJan
02-06-2010, 20:18
We are going in August too and fly out on 12th. The last time we went in August was 2007 and it always rained late in the evening, the weather is hot but even if it does rain during the day it doesn't last long and the sun is always shining.

chrisflowers
03-06-2010, 00:36
Who cares what the weather is like! It is FLORIDA... Yey
[msnsmile]

DisneyPrincess
03-06-2010, 13:22
SteveandJan where are you flying from?

We go from manchester via thomas cook on the 12th August [clap]

kateydoodles
03-06-2010, 18:31
We went around that time last year, and during the day it was very hot (but not unpleasantly so- there was a nice moisture in the air as opposed to that awful prickly dry heat you get in some places [xx(]) and then between 2-5 there would be a HUGE shower, thunder and lightning included sometimes! But you just go inside during them, do some shopping etc, and then after that it's fine again. The evenings are lovely- perfect temperature for walking about in, and rarely rainy- we were able to sit out on the balcony in our apartment almost all night if we wanted to, it was so lovely and warm :)
Hope you have an absolutely fab holiday! :D

DisneyPrincess
04-06-2010, 14:03
I cant wait - im back at work on monday (im a primary teacher) after a lovely week off for half term. 7 weeks left in school before i wave my class off to secondary school, then i can really start getting excited! :D

kateydoodles
09-06-2010, 18:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyPrincess
I cant wait - im back at work on monday (im a primary teacher) after a lovely week off for half term. 7 weeks left in school before i wave my class off to secondary school, then i can really start getting excited! :D
[/quote]

Ooooh! That's lovely :) and getting excited is half the fun! Before our trip last year I was getting excited months before! [msntongue] a little excessive, but oh well :D